Author Topic: What did you do on Memorial day?  (Read 572 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
What did you do on Memorial day?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2000, 05:21:00 PM »
Took my wife out to dinner (chinese) , then to see her family grave site . Her father served in New Guinea (hope I spelled that right). Played AH the rest of the day   .

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!

air_squadron
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »
 Fd-ski,s thread on getting married reminded me that I had forgot my wedding anniversary again. So I acted like I knew what day it was. And had decided to take mama out on a date on memorial day (no kids around).

easymo ducks another 1C  

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
Visited my uncle ( a WWII/Korea Navy vet ) to the hospital. My father drove him in early that morning.    Thankfully he will likely recover.  He has respiratory problems and at age 76 it is beginning to take its toll.  (They found pnemonia in his lungs and are keeping him until they can clear it up.)  

He believes his problems now may be partially due to exposure to radiation at Nagasaki.  He was among the first group of Americans into that city little more than 2 weeks after the surrender.  Supposedly he used to carry a melted coin with him for 20 years until he found out how bad it was for his health to do so.  He was also along the crew of a new class of subchaser earlier in the war in the Med, and his boat was credited with a U-Boat kill.  (His boat was later torpedoed and sunk soon after he was transfered to the Pacific.)  Later in the Pacific he was present at Iwo Jima, Saipan, Leyte Gulf, and Okinawa.  At Okinawa he saw a Balitmore class heavy cruiser get hit "in the fantail" by a kamikazi only a few hundred yards from his ship.  Needless to say this was not his best Memorial day.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

bike killa

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2000, 07:12:00 PM »
i was working all day and all night  
damn it's 2 a.m. here and i'll be working in next 8 hours    but i'll make this damn newspaper today  
btw can someone tell me if Krzysztf Oliwa played in Devils team in playoffs or he is steel injured?

[This message has been edited by bike killa (edited 05-30-2000).]

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
Woke up, got outa bed, dragged a comb across my head, oh wait no I didnt, put my hat on!
Went to my mom's and drained her pond and scooped pond scum out mmmmmm. Played some AH, more yard work. Went to a bbq had a few beers, came home and screwed up our squad event alittle (sry guys)  

Happy Bday Skuzzy!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2000, 08:46:00 PM »

Think I cracked a rib at the lake after getting tossed from an innertube going about 60mph. (my brother was at the wheel)

Anybody wanna buy a drag boat?  

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2000, 08:47:00 PM »
Good luck with your uncle, bloom.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2000, 08:50:00 PM »

Originally posted by Mickey1992:
I was stuck working at the rained-lengthened PGA Memorial golf tournament.  This is also the reason why I have not been able to fly for over a week. (boo hoo)

Mickey

LOL  

YOU DOG!

Tiger sure put on a show...

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2000, 12:48:00 AM »
Welll...besides scratching my balls and watching old war movies on AMC . I guess nothing else.

_____________________________ ______
Glasses<----The 4 eyed devil

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2000, 07:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by hitech:
Did a lot of prop drag research and equation solving.

Why do I get this feeling that HT is the "Bill Gates" of online flight sims?  Here's a passage from a reporter that had to interview Gates on the run...

"I interviewed him during lunch because, quite frankly, he didn't have the time to interview with me, so we did the interview  at lunch...."His mind is always on his work, thinking of better ways to improve his code, his product line,his company...."As I asked him questions,he was very busy scribbling notes down, when his food arrived, he switched hands and began writing with his left hand and eating with the right, all the time answering my questions, he's a walking micro-processor, multi-tasking human being, by far  the hardest working individual I'd ever interviewed in my life...."

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-31-2000).]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
Had a picnic at a very historic senic spot about an hour away. Very high (for this flat country anyway) hill on a bluff overlooking a valley. It has a large standing stone planted in the center of the hilltop. Ancient Pow-wow grounds of the Standing Rock Souix Indians.

Needless to say lots of cool views, wildflowers, and great vibes.

Afterword I got to change a tire in about 2" of freezeing water on the interstate. With semi's doing 80 mph wind/water blasts up by backside. So on the average day was so so.

Rgr on HT being a bear for work. Love to hear it, keep on coding man!