Author Topic: Planes I'd like to see perked (I wish, heh :))  (Read 864 times)

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
Planes I'd like to see perked (I wish, heh :))
« on: June 25, 2002, 05:53:44 AM »
Apart of the planes already perked...All cheap perks ...most at 10 pp, some lower, to 5pp -the 109G10, or the P47D30 for instance-

La7
P51D
109G10
190D9
N1K2
P47D30
Ostwind

Bassically all the planes (and vehicles) first fielded after February'1944.

I'd like to see a Yak9D so the Yak9U also goes into perk planeset with the ones avobe mentioned.

Why?. Well, to perk those would make the arena a somewhat safer place to very early stuff such as C202, 109E4 or Spit I. They still would be out of place but not so hoppelessy outclassed.

It also would mean a more balanced planeset quality-wise. IMO; of course :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 06:07:09 AM by RRAM »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Planes I'd like to see perked (I whish, heh :))
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 06:03:47 AM »
Perk'em ALL!!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 06:47:38 AM »
I agree with RRAM, except that if you don't add the Spit IX to that list, then the Spit IX would probably be responsible for, oh, 80 or 90% of the kills in the arena next tour.

I just started flying in the MA regularly again so that I can get some combat time in the Ki61, and if you add the Spit IX to RRAM's list it would cover virtually 99% of the fighters I've run into.

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 07:03:01 AM »
spit IX is a 1942 plane. As much as I hate it (and believe me, I DO hate it), I can't add it into that list because it doesn't belong to it. :)

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
*YAWN*
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 07:12:28 AM »
Isn't this post getting a little old?

I mean this idea is posted about 3 times a week, by the same 10 guys or so, who won't let it go.

I think you've made your point, and if HTC is interested they'll do it.  And the community has heard it too.  Either they're with you, or they're not.

All you do, by posting it over and over again, is to turn some of the middle of the road people against the idea, because they get sick of it being shoved down their throats.

Do you honestly think that if you post it enough times you'll force HTC to implement it? I think it has the opposite effect myself.

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
Re: *YAWN*
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 07:20:16 AM »
Verm one thing you must understand is that I've not been paying attention at all to the general forum of AH until some 2 weeks ago. I've been looking at the o'topic and Aircraft and vehicles forum, but not at the other ones.

I had no idea this had been posted so many times before in this forum. I know is not exactly a new idea (I recall talking with StSanta about this some months ago), but I had no idea it had been discussed so many times.

I just thought it would be a good idea to propose, nothing else.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 07:31:39 AM »
The Rolling Perk Set  was a good idea but not for all unfortunatly ...

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 07:36:53 AM »
Look into my eyes, Verm... you are getting sleepy...sleepy....your eyelids are becoming very heavy.... now repeat after me....

:D

Not a big deal to me, as I usually don't fly the MA, but intend to spend more time there in the coming weeks, combing for IJ pilots.
It does strike me as a reasonable idea to promote more variety in the MA.  I'm curious, has HTC ever commented on expanding perks to promote variety?

I *think* the official HTC policy regarding using perks is to set them at a level to keep rare planes rare (e.g. Me262, Ta152), and to keep one plane from dominating the arena (e.g. F4U-1C).   I'm back in the MA after an extended absence, and I see the same 3 fighters dominating the arena.   Newbies probably logon and see them everywhere and decide they have to fly them also to stay competitive, and thus a feedback loop is created.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 08:09:25 AM »
To elaborate on this idea, why not have both a rolling plane set AND perked planes?
(Apologies if someone has already posted this idea)

It'd work like this:
All planes are available the first "Early Plane" week, but all those not an early war plane is perked(only 39-41 are not perked) The "perked planes" this first week would still be available, but at a low cost. Then the 2nd week  of the rolling plane set, the 39-43 planes are "unperked" but late is still perked...then 3rd week 39-44 planes are "unperked", then the last week ALL planes (except maybe 262) are unperked(39-45).  This gives us a RPS AND Perk plane capability.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 08:12:15 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 08:32:02 AM »
Not a bad idea rip, but I fear it would upset a lot of people :rolleyes:  The anti-perk crowd and the anti-rps crowd. So now were not discriminatory.....we piss off most everyone :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2002, 08:41:59 AM »
Well, low cost perked aircraft won't tax their Perk Pocket book too badly, so it wouldn't be a 'spending issue' and seems suitable for those who wish to have everything available to fly.  Remember, in the true RPS, NO planes are available until the historic time table week comes around, in this scenario, ALL planes ARE available, just at a lower cost, that is until their respective historic time table week comes up, then they're free.  This allows us to fly some of the late war planes in the last week, FOR FREE, like Spit 14, Tempest, etc.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2002, 08:45:35 AM »
Ripsnort, I'm trying to find an argument to this idea. I haven't come up with one yet. You may have something here.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2002, 08:52:01 AM »
RAM, I'm just trying to point out that this idea has been around for a long time, and that continuous posts on the issue might just have the opposite effect your looking for.

While I'm admittedly a very vocal opponet of any form of the RPS, I'm middle of the road on the "perk the 1944" planeset issue.

I'm not really against it, but I don't think it would have the effect your looking for. Your wanting too fly more early war planes and for them to be in a more competitive environment. But the idea is flawed.

So lets perk the planes you listed. Whats going too happen?

N1K2 the pilots will just move to the Spit IX and the Spit V. Total effect on the arena will be nil in regards too gameplay, but you'll just see alot more "Spit" tags around.

La7, P51D, 109G10, 190D9, P47D30 (and I'll add the Fw190A8, F4U-1D, and the Yak-9U too as they fit into the sae category) are now perked.  So what replaces them? Now we see just more of the next "fastest planes".  You'll just see the F4U-1, P-51B, P47D11's, and 190A5's replace them.  They do the job just as well, as any of the experienced pilots will tell you.

What the planes you want perked can do to the standard arena turn fighters, the planes I listed will do just as well and be just as effective with the same tactics.

All you'll be doing is trading one set of icons for another. Tactics won't change, and the early war planes will not be any more useful.  You'll just have one more level of "perks" built in.

So when that doesn't work, the whole "lets have a RPS" issue will crop up, and THAT is what I'm totally against, and I will do everything I can to stop that from ruining AH like it did too WB's.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2002, 08:52:57 AM »
Rip's "idea" is nothing new.... something like this was posted a year or more ago... listing particular planes on an excel spreadsheet that would be free with other (later) planes being given perk costs.
-SW

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2002, 08:55:41 AM »
I'm getting tired of the "Perk this / Perk that" threads too.

I hardly ever fly perk planes... I kill perk planes just as easily as I kill all the non-perk planes. La7s and N1k1 are nothing special.

I really think you perk-whiners are making a big deal about nothing.

I would rather HTC spend their time adding more planes and enhancing the features of the game.

The best solution to the problem you perk-whiners are trying to solve - is not to perk the rides, but to have a rotating plane set based upon year. Every two hours of game play represents one year of the war - voila no need to perk.

WB had this feature - been there, done that.