Author Topic: Sniped 2, Tanks Won  (Read 919 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2002, 01:08:23 PM »
Well, everyone knows that there are no bugs or problems with WW2Ol... it's all on YOUR systems MrRipley. ;)
-SW

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2002, 01:09:13 PM »
heh, no, that particular one. Lots of bugs, but they get fixed as they can. Sounds are fixed,  new capture strat and attrition is comning in next release, then more stuff being fixed. CRS played catchup for a long while adn are now geting to go back and work stuff out.  Requires a hole in the armor coding. I will take a pzIII and have some inf guys shoot me in the beta(where the situation can be controlled).

hard

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2002, 01:15:27 PM »
So there's actually a beta? I thought the product went already 'gold' and paid production..

What are the customers then, alpha testers? :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2002, 01:25:40 PM »
Well, this could all be a moot point if CRS/Playnet allowed the program to TELL you what killed you.  Since the damage logs are so detailed why can't a simple pop up tell you what calibre rounds did what damage when you exit.  Nothing as complicated as the Wall-o-text log files that CRS showed off in the pre-hype phase of a year ago but perhaps something simplistic along the lines of:

You died from: xx rounds of 3.7mm AP,  
                        xx number of grenades
                    or xx rounds of 7.9mm etc etc  

Westy

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2002, 03:06:45 PM »
i would like that too. One thing about those logs that were kepted was they were a big fps hit. If it adds to gameplay and can be programed CRS will do it.

Beta, there was a beta 3 days after the public release of 1.6.4.

Sound,cap strat, and attrition among other things this beta.

hard

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2002, 07:42:15 AM »
Sounds are fixed? So you mean a battle 25 miles away doesn't sound like it's right next to me? Umm...sure....

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2002, 09:13:10 AM »
SOUNDS like WW2OL has big probs with its LOD settings, not only graphics wise..

No wonder the game hogs 512Mb ram and needs 3Ghz cpu if it's going to monitor and play all the sounds and movement from distances past 10km.. After that range you shouldn't be able to see / hear much anything if not using some visual aid.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2002, 02:36:13 PM »
Have to tell you a funny story about my experiences last night. I wanted to learn how to be a Sapper, so I went out looking for enemy tanks. Playing a French Sapper, I rode out on a Char to a relatively hot area. Spotting a German Panzer in the woods about 500 yds away, I jumped off the Char and leap-frogged my way to within 30 yds of the Panzer. Incredibly, it didn't see me, and was stationary. I was hiding behind a tree, so I jumped up, ran over to the Panzer, slapped a satchel charge on it, ran back, flopped down just in time to watch the satchel charge blow. Woohoo! my first kill! Then one of the guys I was near said "Congrats, banana24, you've just blown up an abandoned Panzer". LOL! He explained to me that if that Panzer had been occupied, I would've seen an icon for it. Come to think of it, I was wondering why nobody else had been shooting at it before I got to it.

Undaunted, I continued on, running for 50 yds, then flopping down behind cover to regain stamina. Then I saw another Panzer, this one very much alive, and shooting at some of our tanks a ways back. Hiding behind some bushes, I timed my run so that I would run up to the side of the tank. I jumped up, and ran to the panzer, still unseen. I ran right up to the side of the  panzer, went to slap my satchel charge on the side of the turret, then *poof*, I died. I don't think I got shot, because my blood did not drain out of me, I died instantly. I can't believe it, but I think I ran into the side of the panzer, and that's what killed me!

So even though there is some quirky gameplay, I enjoyed myself immensely. Running around from cover to cover to get within range of a tank is a lot of fun, especially when you're dodging bullets all the while.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2002, 05:38:33 PM »
Dont know what that guy meant but when someone leaves a tank is disappears. There was one tank that was a ghost and didnt leave at some city couple days ago tho, might have been that one. You will not see an icon above an enemy except the distance ID on the aircraft. Glad you are haveing fun:-)

hardcase