Author Topic: collisions  (Read 221 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
collisions
« on: May 30, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
 AH has a better model by far than anything else on the net. But I have a problem with one plane. The FW 190. I constantly run into peoples 6 with this thing. Does it have a bigger "bubbel" or something. BTW they often explode before I run into them. Which really makes my jaw tight.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
collisions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2000, 07:57:00 PM »
Slow down, Easy, slow down.

Lizking

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
collisions
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »

Originally posted by Gadfly:
Slow down, Easy, slow down.

Lizking

Im waiting for this reply:

"AH ... has ...a ... better ... model ... by ... far ... than ... anything ... else ... on ... the ... net.....<snip>"

ROFL!!  Anyone remember Jim Ignatowski on Taxi?  Dont think I EVER laughed as long and as hard as I did when Jim was trying to cheat on his drivers test  

-Ding

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
collisions
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »
 OK. I want a horn put in my plane then. Honk Honk.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
collisions
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2000, 03:19:00 AM »
 I never really thought about it before but FWIW I think easymo may be on to something here. I used to fly 190 almost exclusively and ran into debris many times. I`ve been flying the 109G10 with 30mm and only firing at D200 or less and can`t recall any collisions when my target explodes.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
collisions
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
No easymo, the 190 is set up the same way as the rest of the planes. the tip of the prop is the first collision point.

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

"Man's 2nd greatest thrill in life is FLYING. His 1st greatest thrill is LANDING!"

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
collisions
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »
Some trivia on the subject.

I'm currently doing some research for publication in the next while, with regards to a comparing AH and WB, purely on their approach to the software programming metrics.

Collision Model

WB v2.76 = Collision bubble die or not.

AH v1.02 = Models impacts on various components of plane with resulting damage to any contacted components.

There has been some really interesting and revealing data coming out of this research, that factually answers many questions I've seen here and on AGW or the iEN BBS, about realism, flight models and game play.

Regards,
Badger

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
collisions
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2000, 01:48:00 PM »
how about the problem with people looking away from the collison having their FE not realizing THAT the colision happened ?

(No it's not allwyas lag .. at a slow seed scissor the position deviation even at bigger lag should still result in a collision)

This has happened to me quite a few times last tour..