Author Topic: Yamato BB.  (Read 1441 times)

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2002, 02:19:38 PM »
hey,,like i said,,you can make fun of it all you want,,,,it wont matter too me at all,,lol<~~~~doesnt need to make cheap remarks about anyone,,,,,lol,,,,,just because i type bad,,,which i bet i type just as fast,,or faster than you,,sence you seem to be the 2 or 3 sentence wonder,,,,calling me names and telling me to back to school,,,,that aint a joke,,,,,it aint cool at all,,if you dont got anything good to say,,dont say it at all,,lol,,you 3 years old?,,im starting to wonder sence you keep saying you will continue make fun of it,,,,go ahead,,,make fun all you want,,,,<~~talks with his guns,,not his mouth,,,this thread is about planes and ships and tanks,,,,,,dont sit on here and make fun of people when there tring to talk about things that matter to this thread,,,and you should lighten up francis,,,im not the one that started with the crude remarks

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2002, 02:25:00 PM »
i think they need to put real battle ship gun sites on there ships,,,if there going to go so far as putting in more battle wagons in,,,,i dout they will,,they got there arms full with planes at the moment,,,,,,unless there planning to do a ww2 online thing,,and have subs and everything,,,i wasnt happy with ww2 online server,,,good grafic game and i heard they fixed a few things,,but aces high server blows them away at the moment

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2002, 03:10:10 PM »
Yo Hyena, you surfing the web with a PDA or your cell phone or something? Just wondering because your text formatting is strange.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2002, 03:22:09 PM »
Originally posted by hyena426
hey,,like i said,,you can make fun of it all you want,,,,it wont matter too me at all,,lol<~~~~doesnt need to make cheap remarks about anyone,,,,,lol,,,,,just because i type bad,,,which i bet i type just as fast,,or faster than you,,sence you seem to be the 2 or 3 sentence wonder,,,,calling me names and telling me to back to school,,,,that aint a joke,,,,,it aint cool at all,,if you dont got anything good to say,,dont say it at all,,lol,,you 3 years old?,,im starting to wonder sence you keep saying you will continue make fun of it,,,,go ahead,,,make fun all you want,,,,<~~talks with his guns,,not his mouth,,,this thread is about planes and ships and tanks,,,,,,dont sit on here and make fun of people when there tring to talk about things that matter to this thread,,,and you should lighten up francis,,,im not the one that started with the crude remarks

You forgot cartoon space ships :p

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2002, 03:37:23 PM »
yes i did ben,,im sorry!!,,hehaheha

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
Yamato BB.
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2002, 05:25:35 PM »
Originally posted by hyena426

Actually it wasn't that crude of a comment.  And if you cannot take it that is fine.  I have been around along time here, and can post whatever and whenever i feel.  It is our right to do so.  I did post earlier in this thread about the topic and ran across yours and made a quick comment.  And if you read my post correctly I did not say for you to go back to school.  I said I was to going re-learn the English language.  

I am thinking your skin is rather thin.  It was a joke and that was all so deal with it.    :rolleyes:

And who are you to tell me what I can and cannot post?  
Criminey, if you haven't been around here that long I was actually quite tame with my post.  but I am sure you knew that.  I am done discussing this with you, either except a rogue post about typing which I am sure is very painful to accept.  \

My opinion is bring the Tirpitz Or the Musashi after all this.  Better yet, there was a kick bellybutton French BB that has slipped my mind and I would rather see it added first.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2002, 07:35:49 PM »
why a french ship?,,sure they had big navy,,but it was never used,,lol,,,they gave up before they could use it,,,,,,,,,,,and post what you like,,,say what you like,,wont effect me,,, you can post any thing you wanna post,,,if you feal you have to mock people for stuff,,go ahead,,
Dude my brain hurts please stop. Going back to school to learn english again.
,,if you would of put,,jk,,or lol after that.,,.maybe i would of took it as a joke,,,but as it is,,it dont sound good,,and im sure anyone would of said the same thing  or worse,,and how long you been around?,,,well i been on here  a few years my self,,,,but you should act like it,,and be a man,,and say,,hey i didnt mean it like that it was just a joke,,,but know,,you keep adding more rude comments after anothere,,,,i wont argu this with you anymore,,if you wanna be cool and say,,,hey,,i didnt mean it like that.,,,ill except,,,if not,,oohh well

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2002, 07:37:48 PM »
i really dout aces high will have diffrent ships yet,,too many planes to be made and tanks,,,,would be nice too see a king tiger

Offline CBFASI

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.cbfasi.co.uk/
Yamato BB.
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2002, 05:12:22 PM »
French Battleship

Richelieu, 35000t std, 8x15" ALL forward

But I like the Surcouf

a 2880t submarine with catapult (and hanger) AND twin 8" guns

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Yamato BB.
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2002, 09:52:24 PM »
USN - 1
JEN  - 0

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Yamato BB.
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2002, 10:23:37 PM »
I wonder if a BB holding 12 main guns would have been possible... but we'll never know, since cruisers equipped with Tomahawks and other missiles can surely do more damage in less time

Yes. Once. The problem with the Tomahawk is that, in the VLS version, every cell with a Tomahawk is one less that can hold a Standard SM2MR for BG defense.

Having written software for training US Navy TAO (Tactical Action Officer) trainees and participated in a number of training simulation exercises at FCTCP (Fleet Combat Training Center, Pacific), I can say with some authority that taking out a modern warship with anti-ship missiles is a very ordnance-intensive procedure -- what is referred to as 'rolling back the defenses'. Basically, you launch a lot of ASMs; the target(s) put up SAMs to knock down some of them (limited by how many SAMs they can control at once), then launch again to knock down more of what's left (which have gotten closer), repeated until the missiles get close enough that the CIWS systems get their shot, and then the soft-kill systems (chaff, blip enhancers, etc) get to try. And if you can put more ASMs in the air than the defenders can shoot down between the time they come within range and the time they reach their target, you get hits.

This is why the Aegis cruisers are so effective for fleet defense. The Aegis system can control more than a hundred SAMs in the air at once, making it harder for the enemy to get missiles past your SAM screen. But once you've launched all your SAMs, you're SOL if the other guy still has ASMs.

Now, an ASM is a fairly delicate piece of equipment; it depends for proper operation on a lot of different systems all working right, all crammed into a relatively light frame and thin skin.  A 40-lb expanding-rod warhead going off next to an ASM is almost certain to break something critical to the missile's operation. The same 40-lb expanding-rod warhead going off near a 2,600-lb SAP shell (1,900 lbs for the HC bombardment rounds) may deflect it a bit, but  the shell is pretty much a rock -- it's got to be strong enough to withstand the firing stresses.

The advantage of an ASM over a 16" shell is obvious -- range. The Tomahawk has a range (as an ASM) of 300 miles; the 16" guns have a maximum range of about 23 miles. The disadvantage is loadout. The Iowa mounts 8 quad Tomahawk launchers, which can be launched at approximately 30-second intervals (per launcher); the 16" ammunition loadout is almost 1,200 rounds, which can be fired at 30-second intervals.

Overall, it depends on what your mission role is; modern warships are designed to hurl robotic kamikazes (if you think about it, it's amusing that technology has enabled us to duplicate a WWII desperation tactic without using up expensively-trained pilots) at other ships; WWII-era battleships are designed to hurl huge metal rocks at other ships -- and to survive having them hurled at them long enough to throw enough rocks to sink the other ship.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Yamato BB.
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2002, 11:44:48 PM »
What about this ship for the first Aces High Battle Ship...LOL. :D

Rather see the Shimikaze and the Helena.

Just personal pref.  Long lancing task forces?  15 "automatic"  6" guns for bombardment?

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Yamato BB.
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2002, 04:18:13 PM »
Hmm…which battleship to build first?  I’d be happy with just about any one, but would prefer the first one be one that saw fairly lengthy and significant service.  I personally love the Iowa-class (got to tour the Might Mo – USS Missouri – back before she was decommissioned), but that would be like making the first heavy bomber produced for AH the B-29.  Same thing with the Yamato class.  The Bismarck and Tirpitz were certainly famous enough, but saw only limited use.  The IJN’s Kongo BB was a pretty ship, and more of a middle of the road vessel in terms of armor, speed, and firepower.  For sentimentality, you can’t beat the USS Arizona.  Her contemporaries, raised from the muddy bottom of Pearl Harbor and repaired, served with distinction throughout the war, and fought the very last battleship versus battleship engagement in history, at the Battle of the Surigao Straights (spelling?) during the invasion at Leyte Gulf.  Finally, there’s the King George V class.  Gosh, I’d be happy with any of them, if…

…we get (a) a decent naval vessel damage model, (b) improved fire control (move it to the crow’s nest, where it belongs), (c) linked battery fire, (d) appropriate blast radius for naval gunfire, and (e) direct helm and speed control of fleets.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Yamato BB.
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2002, 04:28:31 PM »
Sabre,

Kongo wasn't a BB.  Kongo was a Battlecruiser.

I'd select the Nagato as the base Japanese BB.  Nagato was the only Japanese BB, or Battlecruiser, to survive the war.  We expended her at the Bikini A-bomb tests, though she had to be finished off with conventional weapons.

The problem with the Nagato, Kongo, Pensylvania, California, ect, ect is that they lack the AA of the Yamato, Iowa, King George V, ect.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2002, 04:32:03 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Yamato BB.
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2002, 05:03:28 PM »
The Yamato as Conways calls her was "The Ultimate battleship" would represent the Best of the Best, and when you realy think about Battleships hardely ever fired a shot at one another, so why not pic the bigest and badest to model:) She Was in Service from December 41.