Author Topic: The Funniest Original Aces High Bulletin Board Posts Ever:  (Read 598 times)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
The Funniest Original Aces High Bulletin Board Posts Ever:
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2002, 11:35:05 AM »
This one still cracks me up Wingless; Again!

Thanks for the props K West :)

Offline robsan

• Copper Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2002, 12:38:40 PM »
Short AH Film of a 190 (30 seconds - 2.4meg)

It starts fairly harmless... untill Nath come in...

:D

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2002, 01:08:45 PM »

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2002, 01:42:34 PM »
This is truely beautiful.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2002, 02:35:30 PM »
LOL! That is fediddleing hilarious Nash! :D

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2002, 02:38:26 PM »
LMAO! Thanks Nash!
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2002, 02:40:47 PM »
That was a classic Nash, need one for the new Pizza terrain coming soon. :D

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2002, 03:32:24 PM »
I think the one guy who posted about how a friend of his was telling him about being on the can whilst his aircraft was on autoclimb, hearing the pings and what not was one of the funniest I've read. Ah, I remember, it was a story someone heard at the con, er, A con.

The goonmaw post wasn't in anyway near as funny as being there. I died 3 times laughing so hard.  They were yelling for a goon and goon-maw would say, "rgr, goon otw" repeatedly, all the while typing on squad channel, "HA, I hope they rot waiting on this goon!". And other more funny jokes. Unreal!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 03:34:44 PM by Lizard3 »

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2002, 02:31:26 PM »
Posted today by Durr, in the General Discussion Forum:

Dallas Morning News Article
This article was spotted in the Dallas Morning News:

HiTech Creations, Inc. Release Slows Down Internet

Local Flight Simulator Company releases new game, bogging down Internet throughout Northeast Texas

07/03/2002

By: BUSTER HYMEN / Dallas Morning News

HiTech Creations, Inc., a Internet based flight simulation company from Grapevine, TX that produces the popular online game, Aces High released a new version of the game today, causing Internet access to be slowed all over Texas and throughout the Southern United States.

The game is what is known in the industry as a MMOG, or massively multiplayer online game. These games are increasingly popular as more and more homes gain access to high speed Internet connections. Thousands of geeks, nerds, and dweebs from all over the world play this game 24 hours a day. The game allows you to fly in a simulation of World War II fighters, bombers, and even ground vehicles and boats.

The latest version, known as 1.10, was released amidst much hype and has been well received by the fans of this popular genre. The mad scramble to download the latest version has resulted in Internet connections all over the area being slowed to a crawl. Ping rates to local servers were in the 5000 m/s range for most of the day, even for people using T3 cable lines.

HTC founder, Dale "HiTech" Addink released the following statement: "This relese represints meny weaks of hard work bye the staf at HiTech Creatiosn. we are very prod of our eforts and we are alredy hard at work on 1.11 wich will be relese in two weeks". sic

Some local players werent as happy with the latest effort. One player we spoke to told us he had been whining for the entire two weeks he has been playing for the inclusion of a number of planes. This player, known as "Monkeyturd" (not his real name) told us, "I havent asked for much, I only wanted certain historically significant aircraft to be included and these simple requests have been completely ignored by HTC. It would be extremely simple for them to add the following planes to the planeset: the Ki-84, B-29, F-8f, F-86, Fokker Dr-1, Spirit of St. Louis, F-22, Concorde, C-141A (the short model before they added the fuselage extension), Cessna 172, UFOs, and the Goodyear Blimp. Because HTC refuses to listen to their player base and obviously sits around doing nothing all day other than drinking beer and surfing the web, I will be forced to cancel my subscription now that my free two weeks are up. Other players noted that Monkeyturd is full of monkey s***. Htcisnmbr1 (not his real name) had this to say, "Monkeyturd is cancelling because he doesnt have a real job, we dont need him anyways. Besides he was never a real Ace pilot because he always flew with combat trim on. Besides the UFO (N1k1) was modelled a long time ago in Aces High."

Other local citizens expressed grave concerns that regular releases such as this, slowing down the Internet could have grave repercussions for the economy. Doug "Pyro" Balmos, the producer of Aces High, had this to say about these concerns, "We invite all that are concerned about this subject to post on our UBB so we can ban them."

Internet service was expected to be back to normal by as early as tomorrow evening with ping rates expected to reach as high as 3000 m/s by then.

E-mail bhymen@dallasnews.com

Archives: More information on this or other topics from The Dallas Morning News.

Suscribe to the Dallas Morning News

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2002, 04:41:40 PM »
Have you forgotten TheWobble and his " BBS light-bulbs not working, why isn't anyone helping me" apoplexy?

Or that shirtless and sweaty, shooting cans in the desert with my accident prone girlfriend yarn he spun?

Those are my all time favourites.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2002, 05:24:19 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Have you forgotten TheWobble and his " BBS light-bulbs not working, why isn't anyone helping me" apoplexy?

Or that shirtless and sweaty, shooting cans in the desert with my accident prone girlfriend yarn he spun?

Those are my all time favourites.

Those sound familiar.

See if you can find them and paste em in here for all to read.

eskimo

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2002, 12:51:44 AM »
TheWobble in action:

The crash...
then the settlement

But what truly made TheWobble funny was Animal's unusual fascination with him:

Animal loves TheWobble

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2002, 03:05:44 AM »
Hey, I'd forgotten half of that stuff!

Now, if I just click that search button...