Author Topic: aces high may not last long  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
aces high may not last long
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2002, 01:00:59 PM »
Excellent screenshot, did you edit it with photo shop? I'd LOVE to know how to do that...

Anyway, I would also enjoy having personal plane skins, as long as they were of official squadrons, and not some pink/orange polka dotted scheme we'd ceretainly be seeing on the "just-got-a-new-fancy-computer-newto AH-long-live-the-La-7," contingent. I would be changing the P51B's in a heartbeat..to this :)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2002, 01:24:16 PM »
lol revvin..

and I always thought the Tuskegee airmen flew D's

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2002, 01:52:39 PM »
Originally posted by Chanter
 I had many (incorrect) pre-conceived notions about it.  I was horribly mistaken ...

Same here. I was with AW ( "Corsr," and "" since 1995, and we heard pretty bad things about the AH community. We had no choice but to come to AH when AW went dark, and the community (and gameplay) here blows AW out of the water.

'nuff said. I never played WB, nor do I wish to. I'll stick with AH!

Gainsie

BTW...UNPERK ME!!!  :D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2002, 02:02:14 PM »
I dont edit any of the terrain screenies I post, there as I see them in the game. ( I actually make them alittle less intense by converting them to jpeg to post here )

All the terrains can look as good as that, but it does give the frame rates a small hit .(as soon as everyone has 1+ghz pc's and 64+mb grafic cards I bet were gonna see alot more of this)

If you havent seen the previews of CFS 3 well ... now theres a sim i cant wait to test fly .But I doubt it will run AH outta the skys because of its 8 player rooms over at msn's zone.

P.s, I forgot what terrain that was from ... ive got over 170 user made terrains, along with some of my own disasters.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2002, 02:18:40 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
lol revvin..

and I always thought the Tuskegee airmen flew D's

Theystarted in the P-39's in North Africa, then were transferred to Italy and flew Jug-25's then were given C-ponies, they were later given the D's when the other squar=drons were all upgraded. They ended the war in D's. This is what col. Charles McGee told me back in february 98.

Gainsie

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2002, 03:10:16 PM »
that's pretty sweet.  I like the red-tail B paint scheme

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2002, 03:19:31 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
The one thing I would not like in AH is the player created aircraft skins.  This would only be feisible if it was limited.  IF someone had a squadron, 357th Fighter Group for example, the only skin allowed would be one that are of the 357th Fighter Group.  Same color scheme but different call numbers and a little personal artwork.  I would not want to see pink and orange Me109s flying around, or red F4Us.  I also would not want to see Japanese A/C in British markings and so forth.

Non historical squadrons would have to get a specific scheme and stick with that.  As long as the skins were not abused it might work.

id like to see this sort of thing too.

Offline BigBluge

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2002, 03:20:04 PM »
compare wb3 26 people on 3pm est. Ah  143people smaller map. If you like flying around then by all means go to wb3 its pretty. But if you want a combat sime with live action. aces high is only place to be.

Fighter aces by VR1 cheap arcade game 9.95 wb3 3 sims for 24.95 but no player base and piss poor company. ah 1 sim lots of players and attack options, so far ask question or call support they answer phones., In wb3 call support but you never get call back. And support is only there fri and sat.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2002, 06:22:30 PM »
some people are so shallow..

its the players that make this game great...

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2002, 06:28:48 PM »
the terrain is called "Shorty"

LOL, I loved the spray painted "Tag" I did on the mountain:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Roscoroo
I dont edit any of the terrain screenies I post, there as I see them in the game. ( I actually make them alittle less intense by converting them to jpeg to post here )

All the terrains can look as good as that, but it does give the frame rates a small hit .(as soon as everyone has 1+ghz pc's and 64+mb grafic cards I bet were gonna see alot more of this)

If you havent seen the previews of CFS 3 well ... now theres a sim i cant wait to test fly .But I doubt it will run AH outta the skys because of its 8 player rooms over at msn's zone.

P.s, I forgot what terrain that was from ... ive got over 170 user made terrains, along with some of my own disasters.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2002, 06:45:33 PM »
what turned me away from the other flight smis and to ah is

1 ah has a free 2 week trial then after that if you dont want to pay you can continue oplay in 8 person hth

2 ah actually has a well thought out website (i never could find the download or mb in the other sims web pages)

3. ah has a huge selection of planes and is always getting more

4. i can play ah with my mouse (no joystick)

anyway ah looks like its going to be here for good then when it goes down it will be remembered like some of the previous gameing greats

But I doubt it will run AH outta the skys because of its 8 player rooms over at msn's zone.

AH does NOT have 8 player rooms at msn zone

its 8 player rooms are in the the and thats BUILT IN to the game

(sorry if you were talking about a diff game)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2002, 08:10:12 PM »
"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain  (and probably HTC.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Griego

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2002, 08:20:48 PM »
Has anyone here seen  the new smoke and small explosions on planes when you hit them with bullets.  WOW it's like the WWII gun cams. Except in color really exceptional. Then if they're on fire they seem to blow up after a little while. atleast it did it in the offline version i got unless it was some sort of delay.

Warbirds even has road now.

Just wish the terrain and the water were more like IL2 and clouds like AH.

the cockpits are definitely looking good there also.

numbers could be better also.

Flight Model is the same as AH there really is no difference that i can tell except for the speed of some planes may differ. Aileron and elevator trim is the same.  The only real difference is that when you throttle down there the planes slow  down more than they do in AH. In AH if you dive Your in danger of compressing and not being able to get out of dive in all planes. I know that in some plane this was a problem like the p38 and some others but i don't know if it was this way for all off them.

Wish they had the views of AH though. really like being able to look from side to side around the canopy bars.

When i get bored with AH i go offline and play Warbirds 2vs2 the AI is pretty good except they seem to hold alot of e LOL. Can't seem to get them to fall of like i'd like them to heehee.

I got the new CD with the offline missions. don't know if the regular download has them but they might. Haven't played Warbirds online in a while.  

Read that there going to have a new update soon that might fix the water texture and add few other planes. Hope they would do a little more with the terrain than they have.

They just added two versions of the p39.

any ways the price and the # of ppl there keep me here. I like a targert rich environment.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2002, 08:28:54 PM by Griego »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2002, 09:07:10 PM »
Thanks again  Nuttz .... I thought it might be that one...

If anyone wants to see some of these great works of art ... just ask me when Im in the main and if im not to busy (squad night ect) i'll gladly open a h2h room so you can grab it.
hopefully ill have a site up soon to DL these from .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline sutpid

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2002, 11:25:57 PM »
hmm i cant beleave how many replies i got for this  and i stoped lookign at it after the first 10.