Author Topic: AXIS ORDERS for 2nd FRAME Falems over Malta  (Read 1214 times)

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
AXIS ORDERS for 2nd FRAME Falems over Malta
« on: June 29, 2002, 08:51:50 PM »
I sent the orders to GA, Swoop, Fariz, esme, ammo, BikeKilla

Inform me if something goes not well.

Sorry guys but I was overstressed making these orders.
I hope they could help us to make this frame fun like the previous.

Thx and Have Fun !!! ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2002, 09:01:51 PM by clouds »

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 09:05:18 PM »
Still nothing here, m'dear.

Esme

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 09:09:37 PM »
Esme post me your e-mail plz.
Anyway i'm going to sleep now. I'll try to send the orders again tomorrow morning zzZZZzzzzZZzzzz bzzZZZye :p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2002, 09:11:52 PM by clouds »

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 09:12:02 PM »
My email is esmenhamaire@tiscali.co.uk

As I remarked before, all attempts to email to you from my email address bounced. :-(

Esme

PS. We could do with private Axis and Allied forums for TOD IMO. Helps if theres a problem getting orders out via email.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 02:00:32 AM »
Nothing. No orders yet.

fariz@warriormage.com

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 03:00:56 AM »
I have resent it for the 3rd time.

If not received this time too I'll retry at least 30 mins before the frame start.

Contact BikeKilla or daddog I've sent orders them too.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2002, 03:05:34 AM »
Originally posted by Esme
PS. We could do with private Axis and Allied forums for TOD IMO. Helps if theres a problem getting orders out via email.
At the moment, anybody can access this forum, which is good because it means somebody who wants to be a guest in a squad can make enquiries here, and generally get a feel for how the TODs work.  It also means that anyone taking part in both Friday and Sunday TODs only have one place to look for any information, whether they are currently Axis or Allies, with every possibility they are Axis in one and Allies in the other.

To set up separate Axis/Allies forums would mean they would have to be private, and each person added manually by HTC.  If you also separate the two TODs, that would mean four private forums!  :eek:   Now, the very nature of TODs often means that squads will change from one side to another for different TODs to maintain side balance according to each TOD's requirements; so each time they changed sides, all their names would have to be removed from one forum and added to the other.  Plus the fact that players are continually joining the TODs and would also need to be added to the forums.  While separate forums work, and indeed are necessary, for Scenarios, I think they would be an administrative nightmare for TODs!  Nice idea, just not practical, unfortunately.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2002, 04:30:05 AM »
Good grief? You mean there isnt the facilty to simply let people access a forum if they are given the correct password?  Thats how things were done with the S3 fora.  Passwords given to the unit COs, they handed em to their pilots. mind you, with only one S3 series going at a time, you couldnt possibly having a unit flying for different sides at once.

even so.. I'm astonished!

Could do with SOME kind of backup for email difficulties, though.

Esme

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2002, 04:33:55 AM »
Got orders, thanks.

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2002, 04:34:18 AM »
Good grief? You mean there isnt the facilty to simply let people access a forum if they are given the correct password?
The previous forums used passwords for private forums, but of course passwords can be passed on, so they were never absolutely secure, which was of particular concern for scenarios.  This method means private forums are much more secure.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Please note for future..
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2002, 04:34:37 AM »
Could future CO's note that some ISPs seem to only let you receive or send a certain volume of email per day. I had already received quite a bit on Saturday, then this morning two copies of our orders arrived followed a short while later by a third.

Best to keep pics down to a minimum, and also only send anything other than plain text only to the unit it's intended for, rather than to everybody...

Beautifully done set of orders though Clouds, clearly a lot of effort went into 'em, !  :-)

Esme

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Please note for future..
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2002, 04:37:14 AM »
Could future CO's note that some ISPs seem to only let you receive or send a certain volume of email per day. I had already received quite a bit on Saturday, then this morning two copies of our orders arrived followed a short while later by a third.
In that case, maybe you should consider an alternative ISP?  I have no such restrictions in place with mine....  :p
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2002, 04:38:48 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
The previous forums used passwords for private forums, but of course passwords can be passed on, so they were never absolutely secure, which was of particular concern for scenarios.  This method means private forums are much more secure.  :)

Well, aye, but if anyone was stupid enough to pass on information to the foe, their own side would suffer, and if found out they'd be ejected from the S3's and very likely their squad in short order. Indeed, it'd be likely that anyone attempting to pass information to the foe would have found that the intended recipients themselves blew the whistle on the traitor. We REALLY didnt like that sort of behaviour in the S3s, and to the best of my knowledge it didnt happen whilst I was taking part.

Esme

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Please note for future..
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2002, 04:46:50 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
In that case, maybe you should consider an alternative ISP?  I have no such restrictions in place with mine....  :p

I said seem, m'dear. I have no evidence that mine has a policy to that effect; and the miscreant could even have been Clouds ISP.  Many ISPs do lots of things that their customers arent aware of, either because hardware cant handle it any other way, or due to policy decisions, or even just frustrated network staff chopping connects as the only workable solution to an immediate crisis that management directives on such matters arent effective for.

I'm looking for a different ISP anyway, as it happens, as Tiscali lied to me when I signed up with them about how long one could stay connected. I actually told them that I would need to stay connected for 3-4 hours at a time without any interruption before signing up with them. I was told that that was no problem. Of late, I started noticing I was being disconnected after just 2 hours, complained, and was told that it's policy. Certainly wasnt when I signed up for the service, and I havent had any notification of a change. I suggested that they look into the matter, and possibly offer gamers a longer amount of time between disconnects for a higher monthly fee, but they do not seem interested.  I am NOT happy with them.

Any suggestions as to better ISPs welcomed

Esme

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2002, 04:47:44 AM »
We REALLY didnt like that sort of behaviour in the S3s, and to the best of my knowledge it didnt happen whilst I was taking part.
Fact is, these forums don't support password access, apparently, so it is the manual method or nothing.  It is sad to think that anyone would cheat in this way, but I believe there was some cause for concern during the Bigweek scenario, which did have password-protected forums...  :(
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun