Author Topic: Skinning Planes in New 3D editor???  (Read 404 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Skinning Planes in New 3D editor???
« on: June 30, 2002, 04:30:34 PM »
1) Please go into detail...
2)Where do we get templates?????:D

WTG HTC!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 04:56:36 PM »
HiTech : 26. On the next release of the terrain editor we now support custom skins included in the terrain for all objects (including planes).

JAU!!! WTG!!! GREAT!!! Plz go into detail a little bit more.
Does this also mean that there can be mutliple skins for each plane fer map, maybe choosable in the hanger?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 05:21:49 PM »
that will be good in sceneros, can have authentic squadron markings

Offline OmegaMrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2002, 05:25:02 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
that will be good in sceneros, can have authentic squadron markings

And some mean looking skins too, its gonna kick arnoldSSSSSSSS

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 05:26:00 PM »
Oops overly excited me said 3D editor...sorry for the confusion with the TE editor..
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 06:00:18 PM »
Im guesssing that some people are going to get into creating custon skin packages and if every1 uses that package, we all see the same color and markings of aircraft in the game. Otherwise those who dont use these packages would see the default skins. It would be wierd if every1 deleloped their own 109 skins as we would all be looking at different 109s and it would seem unlikely that our skins would be uploaded to the server (imagine all the traffic). What about the cheaters, guys who want to see red 109s to shoot at? Alot is unclear on this to me but it sounds cool if it ends up being implemented in some orderly way. Without the skins feature and scenery modifications I think (example) games like EAW would not have been so popular and lasted as long as a shrink wrap game. every1 knows that there were tons of www sites on the internet that published EAW skins etc...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2002, 06:03:03 PM by senna »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2002, 06:07:03 PM »
Swagger's finaly going to get his pink 109 :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2002, 06:47:31 PM »
Who will be the first to post a shining white skin for the goons and M3?

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2002, 06:58:05 PM »
I think you guys are reading way too much into this.

My understanding is that map specific terrains will have intergrated art, which will have custom skinns for that terrain only....ie desert or winter camo's. etc etc.

I've not read a comment from HT on allowing AH users to create skins.....

However.... I have noticed a suspicious increase in quality of textures in AH, with new aircraft. It does lead me to that new tools are being used behind the scenes......

Offline OmegaMrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2002, 07:30:31 PM »
i wanna make a c47 skin that will be one huge bulls eye :) on both sides and a middle finger on the back

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2002, 07:54:59 PM »
Actually, the skins will be part of the terrain. So, not just anyone can have a skin in AH, unless they talk the terrain builder into using the Skin they create when the terrain editor sends the terrain to HTC for release.

Take for example, Nuttz's Tunisia terrain. He, or whoever he would like, can create desert camo skins for all the aircraft. I.e.- someone can make a new skin for the Me-109F-4 desert camo, and someone else can make a Ju-88 desert camo and then if Nuttz places them in his terrain, those are the skins the planes will have when you download the terrain. Of course, barring that, since the final terrain is built at HTC's offices, I suppose you could beg HiTech to use the skin you create, but I think you better be ready with his favorite bribe when you request it :D

So the next question is, for HTC, will just a bitmap of the skin be available as a reference, or will we have access to the original PS or PSP files, er whatever SF and ND use to make the skins. If so, making new skins could be very easy, or at least until those in the community create and make available original art files.

I am really looking forward to many of you making desert skins for the Med and winter skins for the Eastern Front. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2002, 07:57:37 PM by Sundog »

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2002, 09:58:15 PM »
Me likey, me likey.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2002, 06:06:33 AM »
:D

Somebody might actually be able to get his "Hermann Graf colors!!"  Yuuuuuckkk ~!! :D

ps) and some people might get their forked tailed cannon-fodders in Olive drab?? hahahaha! :D

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2002, 06:29:39 AM »
PLEASE more info PLEASSSSEEEEEEEE.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2002, 07:10:48 AM »
I really like it.

thank you htc.