Author Topic: The Deffinition of Fear  (Read 831 times)

214CaveJ

The Deffinition of Fear
« on: January 29, 2000, 02:53:00 AM »
Be afraid
Be very afraid

=)

(no idea why the last bird in each line is facing backwards.  All birds were facing the right direction when we started rolling 2x2 at 5 second intervals)
------------------
Air power is a thunderbolt launched from an egg shell invisibly tethered to a base.         -  Hoffman Nickerson

[This message has been edited by 214CaveJ (edited 01-29-2000).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2000, 04:42:00 AM »
What I wouldn't give for another f4u-1c directly over your base then.  

Just kidding, very cool!  

(Wonder why a couple of them are backwards?)

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

214CaveJ

The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2000, 05:38:00 AM »
if there'd been any bandits coming we'd have gotten clear of the runway real quick =)

it is interesting that the last bird in each line is turned back arsewards.  While we were sitting in line doing the preflight brief a few of the bird turned sideways then back forwards.  It's also not showing my drop tank, first bird in the right column(left side) infront of the 2 -1Ds (yes, a couple of guys opted for -1Ds =)

This shot was taken from a film btw.  And the takeoff is something else.  Guess I'll have to upload the film so you can see the 2ship cells launching and forming on flight lead =)

HaHa

The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
See now.. what we need is "incentive" to fly in formations like that.. it would be awesome! incentive could be: rank/pts/better aircraft whatever.. make us fly like pilots in wwII

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2000, 09:58:00 AM »
HaHa,

The incentive is you get to kill everything in the sky     A group of well flown winged pairs can gain local air superiourity in a heartbeat.

Sharky

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
You are absolutely correct Sharky.  When 2 squadies and I fly together... 3 mediocre pilots become deadly.

AKDejaVu

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2000, 12:09:00 PM »
I think that we got 8? kills for 1 loss(collision)...What incentive do you want.

------------------
Pongo

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
The Deffinition of Fear
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2000, 12:14:00 PM »
I think that the direction the pilot is looking might effect dir of plane on ground...The last plane in the left column is me and I was allways looking back to the mountains to watch for Bloom starting his 10 kill strafe run...
 Some of the planes in front of me where flipping back and forth like crazy... in my FE
just a guess

------------------
Pongo