Author Topic: C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2  (Read 578 times)

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« on: September 21, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
Each tour I try and pick a plane I have not flown much and master it.  While I have a lot of interesting points about several planes, this is my review of some of the most popular or unpopular planes in this game.  Anyone else agree with me on this?

C.205 -- Underrated. This plane is quite leathal.  It's fast, quick to speed, quite manuverable at 400+mph AND 100mph, good guns, good climb rate.  Disadvantages, poor visibility, made of paper (a couple of .50 cal pings kills it), and no ordinance capability.

F4U-1C -- Overrated.  OK this is still my favorite plane because it has the most leathal killing power in the game.  Visibility is good, roll rate is good, nice ordinance loadouts, and it dives like a dream, but this plane is very hard to fly, it stalls easier than any other plane I've flown, it's very slow, poor climbrate, hard to land, and a poor turn fighter.  That said...in the right hands this thing is a killing machine!!  :D

N1K2 -- Overrated it turns well, has a great climbrate, it's fast, gets to speed quick, good guns, disadvantages are poor visibility, guns are really weak considering its got 4x20mm, every time I fly it I wonder what all the fuss is about.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2001, 08:09:00 PM »
how dare you say that about the n1k!

(get ready for some whiny replies)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
You must'nt be flying the N1K properly then, also guns are as lethal as C-Hog imo.

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
The 205 damage model is off. The 202 is know for having as much durabilty/strength as the hurricane.
The 202 and has basicaly the same airframe so the 205 inherits the 202 durability.
The 205 did have ordance for bombs, albiet there were rarely used, but i don't see anyone squeaking anout the rarely used niki. Don't see how hard it is for HTC to put a option for a few light bombs or a single 250

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zygote:
You must'nt be flying the N1K properly then, also guns are as lethal as C-Hog imo.

cc that!  Those damned 202 guns are too...ban 'em.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
How can you talk about durability or damage model when bullets coming HO can rip your horizontal stabilizer away and leave the rest intact?  :D
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2001, 04:50:00 AM »
he sez that the Hog's slow...

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Think he means trouble accelerating or trouble to gain E.

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdog_109:
The 205 damage model is off. The 202 is know for having as much durabilty/strength as the hurricane.
The 202 and has basicaly the same airframe so the 205 inherits the 202 durability.

Are you saying the 205 is too tough or are you saying that it should be tougher?  Because I swear the thing is made of paper, 85% of the time if I hear 1 ping my engine dies.  The palne doesn't seem to explode or shred into thousands of pieces easily, it just seems to loose critical parts easily so you are a sitting duck.

And as for the N1K...I don't dislike it and I don't really like it.  It just seems average to me, I'm probably just a crappy pilot in it because I can't seem to make it do amazing things like others say it can.  

Oh I forgot to mention, the CHOG is the ULTIMATE vulch machine!!!  Buwhahahahaaaaaa I dare you to try and come up when I'm circling in that thing   :D  It's a good thing it is good for that since you have to get 9 freaking kills just to earn 1 perk point!!!

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: discod ]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
yawn....another juxtaposition post.

it's not bad it's good! and it's not good it's reallly bad!

see the most advantaged planes in the planeset really suck - and that's why everyone flies them. and the least used planes are really uber and that's why no one flies them.

:rolleyes:

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
Would say C hog is better then what you descibed, tough to take off with and land yes. It's not very slow IMO, faster then my normal ride (190 A8), it turns FAR better and  allmost the same roll speed. It does stall and spin quite fast but as long as ya fly it on the edge it turns pretty damn good, better then A8, better then P51 and many other planes. Specially with 1 notch of flaps.
It climbs bad too, not quite as bad as 190 A8 though  :D
Allso, 190 A8 with 30mm has got a better punch  :)
Ops, pulled in my Bucther Bird in this thread  ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2001, 05:03:00 PM »
The N1K2-J has poor visibilty?   :confused:

That one is new to me.  It has always had one of the best visibility ratings in my book.  Not the best, that goes to the Yak-9s, but one of the best.

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: Karnak ]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by gatt:
How can you talk about durability or damage model when bullets coming HO can rip your horizontal stabilizer away and leave the rest intact?   :D

IMO the answer to your question is named 'Convergence'  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2001, 06:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zygote:

you are on crack :) but no offence. The IJA cannons are nowhere close as lethal as the AH modeled hispano..no way.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
C.205 vs F4U-1C vs N1K2
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by discod:

F4U-1C -- Overrated.  OK this is still my favorite plane because it has the most leathal killing power in the game.  Visibility is good, roll rate is good, nice ordinance loadouts, and it dives like a dream, but this plane is very hard to fly, it stalls easier than any other plane I've flown, it's very slow, poor climbrate, hard to land, and a poor turn fighter.  That said...in the right hands this thing is a killing machine!!   :D

The AH corsair is one of the sweetest handling AC we have at our disposal. It, like all the other AC have strengths that you exploit  to better your opponent. The corsairs strengths are very pronounced. Its rollrate is only bested by the FW, and at good speed I would say it rolls with the FW. If you keep this plane fast ( and It is not slow...) you have a monster. If it is the cannon hog, you have point and click destruction. Now that is something to write home to mom about ;)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011