Author Topic: Im Screwed.  (Read 246 times)

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« on: July 03, 2002, 02:13:30 PM »
New terrain dictates i need a Video Card.  A Good one. Before 110.   when i went to the Light colored terrains in the CT My Frame Rate was very LOW. About 10 to 17 fps.   110's New desert terrain is giving me a whoping 3 to 12 ROFL.  Well not really laughing. :(............New Video card or cancle HTC membership??  Well cancelation is free and new card is $100 for a good one.  And funds say no new card. :(...So i will prolly stick around for a short bit just to get a good look at 110. Then i will have to cancle my membership for a while till i can afford a Real Good Vid Card.  Nice work HTC  looks like a lota nice stuff yous got going.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 02:29:25 PM »
I'm having a little trouble trying to understand what the hue of the terrain has to do with you frame rate.   Can you explain a little more?

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 02:38:55 PM »
Probably more the level of detail than the RGB values of the pixels, eh?

Have you tried bringing back the clipping plane some?  It will reduce the eye-candy appeal of the new terrians ( AKs for a magnificent job on that) but may bring your frame rate back up.

Unless, of course, this is an excuse to do something you were thinking of doing anyway, in which case best of luck and hope to see you again some time.  

:D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Im Screwed.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 02:45:54 PM »
What is your system spec?

Will your board take an AGP card?

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 02:54:07 PM »
SYS is the same one ive been using for AH since signing up about 9 months ago i think.  Tried the different view modes.  doesnt help more than 4 fps. AKwabbit, i can't explain it either. But i always hated the Tunisia terrain in the CT for the same reason. I just Porks my FR. Not sure why. :(   NP though.  I have plenty of things to keep me bzy this summer.  :)  Thanks for trying to help though. < S >      MugZ

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 02:59:51 PM »
I recommend u start recylcing...or pick up pennies...I dont like to see peopl leave cause there comps canyt handle it:(

good luck....if you live near Nor Cal..ill give you some money....got anything to sell???? guns??? Skateboards or women..ill buy all/....

Love BiGB.
xoxo good luk

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 03:05:50 PM »
hey i read the whole thing now...There was aproblem in the Tunsia terrain..the clouds were to compact or somthen and they werte screwn up almost every1......

I have a p4 1.6 with a ATI 8500 vid card.....I was getting 7-15 FPS in Tunsia,!!!  un playable ,argghhhh   But in MA i get 30-80fps

Hang in there...

Love BiGB
xoxoxo

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 03:10:24 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   interesting.  Thanks BigB

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Im Screwed.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2002, 03:21:39 PM »
Find a resale shop and sell some old junk.  Have a garage sale.  You should be able to raise $100.  It'd be a shame to leave this sim because of hardware limitations.

Good luck.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2002, 04:01:26 PM »
my frame rate seems to be fine so far.

20 to 60 fps

cerleron 566mhz
128 ram
ati 32meg card
SB live

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2002, 04:07:17 PM »
I am seeing roughly the same frames as before - but it is hard to tell with the warping right now.    Hope guys finish downloading soon

You can get a decent  geforce2 mx400 for less than 50 bucks. geforce2 mx400 (not geforce4 mx400 they are not so good)

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2002, 04:08:21 PM »
Good Deal Rabbit.   < S > MugZ

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2002, 04:10:40 PM »
Im runing a Celeron 300 with 512 Meg Ram and a 16 Meg TNT Vid.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2002, 04:29:15 PM »
i know i am in need  up a new computer big time. i  am just happy to see that ill squeak through one more new version :)

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Im Screwed.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2002, 04:29:22 PM »
ouch - the 300 mhz of course is the bottleneck, plus its a celeron.  A geforce mx400 64 meg of vid ram is way plenty of card for that machine (overkill actually).  Then load up those detonator drivers, will be playable for you then.

I suggest http://www.newegg.com for price, service, and delivery speed.