Author Topic: You want realism?  (Read 177 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
You want realism?
« on: September 04, 2000, 03:03:00 AM »
I've seen darn near 100......million posts about how AH is not a sim it's a game, not real enough. OK you realism freaks..here's a list you can pick from, probably be out in AH ver 235843619458.03:

Realistic, step by step engine startup sequences (sp?), learn thousands of commands and cuts respawn time to 30 min.

Ground Crews, manned by real people. Need these guys to pull yer plane outta da hanger, repair, etc. Without them you won't fly (Can someone fix me please?)

Realistic distances: Fly hundreds of miles to be killed.

Realistic bullet physics: No more D1.5K kills anymore. Get up close.

Only one life, use it wisely, or your last ride is a pine box.

Realistic damage model, with all new wounded effects. Try flying missing a wing with blood all over yer instraments.

See? This is what you'd get, and then some, if you wanted a surrealistic sim. <G>

<tounge in cheek>

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
You want realism?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2000, 06:32:00 AM »
Why not? Lets not go bananas but engine start-up should take longer (few seconds) and lets (please-please) have that puff of smoke - it was there every time those monster engine came to life  .

Nothing wrong with bullets hitting you at long distances - they are lethal for bleeding miles. The problem is dispersion - no way you could aim and hit at those distances with the airframe vibrating etc.

------------------
lynx
13 Sqn RAF

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
You want realism?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2000, 07:37:00 AM »
texace, some concessions must be made in order for the sim to be fun.

Still, this is a sim aimde at the hardcore part of the spectrum, and introduction of relaxed realism features that reduces the complexity to please a broader audience will change the target players from hardcore to middle, or simple.

HTC has made an outstanding job at judging where to go for playability and where to go for realism this far. I don't feel I am in a place to mistrust HTC, because basically, they've been the most responsive, customer oriented company I've ever been fortunate enough to do business with.

With that in mind, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
You want realism?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
I'm with StSanta on this one. Realism is great, but I trust HTC to do it right.

After 4 years of flying for brand W where NO one listened, or if they did they never replied. I'm with HT & pyro till they prove me wrong.

More options in my opinion is a good thing.
So, more engine controls as long as they are an option would be fine. Not that I'd use them all the time if we had them. But having the choice!

(think it's been too long since we had a new release, anyone else see the natives getting restless?)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
You want realism?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2000, 08:41:00 AM »
<deleted>

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-

[This message has been edited by Maniac (edited 09-04-2000).]
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac