Author Topic: Scenario Arena  (Read 196 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Scenario Arena
« on: August 04, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
How about it?Instead of MA rotating maps,have a scenario arena that rotates when one or the other(2 countries only)side meets victory conditions.It would be like..Fun!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
yeah  many pepz get bored lets organize a litle  WW2 :-))

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2001, 03:46:00 AM »
So, If I'm correct, this would be like "Scenario based map-changing rolling plane set" ?

We can start from the ETO "Calles-Dover" Map with early aircraft, the "Allied" side winning would cause the map to move over to the normal "Battle of Europe" map as we know - "Normandy-Germany" map... and if the Allied wins again, it would be a Germany map with latest fighters unleashed perk-free??

Wow, and the whole 3 map series would make up "1 Tour" !!!

If the Axis wins the first "BOB - Calles-Dover" map, then we'd get a sort of 'what-if' original map and scenarios  :) With Operation Sealion beginning on England, and US TG forces hoping to beat back the Axis  :D

And after the "ETO" 3-map series tour is over, we can move over to the "Pacific Tour of Duty 3-Mpa series"  :D Three-map scenarios.

This would solve many problems from RPS to Strats and stuff  :) Except it'd have to be essentially "HA", since the sides are divided by Axis or Allies  :D.

If we can add some more planes to fill in the blanks of certain countries (ie. JP fighters and bombers, Early US Naval Fighters, Early Spits and 109s ...) I think it'd be a superb idea  :D

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2001, 03:49:00 AM »
Oh, and plus, we'd need a LOT more subtly different maps such as diverging scenarios (ie. Allied wins BoB map, but loses Normandy-Germany map -> where does this take us to?)

If we add more planes and maps, I think this idea is waaaay more better(and not so hard to do - no radical changes in strats and stuff) than just HA  :D

Good thinking Sirloin  :)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
hmm... sure.. But do it in a seperate arena.  I think a lot of people would find the "ebb and flow" of getting clubbed by superior planes a little less than fun... Many would find the extremely limited planeset involved in historical arena prohibitive.... Many would find that if they liked jap, Navy or russian planes that they would be left out most of the time...

Oh, and lets not forget the mustang guys who would simply be unable to fly for half the time.  

In other words... a great arena if all you are interested in is spits fighting 109's and 190's in the ETO.   All short sighted and short ranged planes that were obsolete by '44.  Unable to even get to the enemy unless it came to them.
lazs

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
You have a point there lazs, so I thought about it a bit.

The details concerning radar and stuff shouldn't have to change, but I guess the map sizes or conditions should have to be adjusted for the 'distance' matter. Either down and adjust the map scale like they did with Mindanao map, or put in maps that describe areas of most detail - such as in the case of BoB map, only southern England and Northern France-Germany might be described. This should solve the problem of "Historic" Flight ranges a bit.

As for the dissatisfactions with the plane set.. hmmm.. I guess that just depends on which sort of fighting one likes. Maybe we don't have to strictly stick with the terms "Axis" and "Allies" limiting the plane set. Maybe we can just put in the rolling plane set limited by service era only, and not have to limit it by country status - like MA. Maybe our own little sort of virtual "Axis" and "Allies" where all types of aircrafts are used by both sides, according to date  :D

So, there is no strict plane set according to country, but only to date, and we take only the warring role of "Axis" and "Allies" which determines what sort of map we'll get next.

In this case, would you agree?

:confused:

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Scenario Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
anything that would get early war planes in the game in a situation of parity with no axis vs allied crap and closer fields would be great so far as I'm concerned but....

I think that we are in the minority.
lazs