Author Topic: Why I like the new map  (Read 132 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Why I like the new map
« on: July 07, 2002, 10:12:40 PM »
To counter balance all those negative threads about the pizza, and because mostly people who have to complain post, not the ones who are happy :D

I like the pizza because you have more liberty of action than any other map.

You can fly a perk plane in actual "war condition" without having to worry about being gang banged by anything in sight. I had some great 1 vs 1, 1 Vs2, 3 Vs 2 ... against TA152s, Spit14s.

I also like those smal numbers, you can finally turnfight a spit in a D30 and shot him down after a 10 minute fight. In smaller map, withiin the first 3 minutes, 2-3 spits from each side joins and you end up killed or "kill stolen".

I can plan more diversity of missions with my group. We can go train/truck hunting on the deck with a reasonable chance of flying 10 miles without getting vulched by a cloud of "reds".

I think that this map will allow people to evolve from the basic LA7/Spit and fly more chalenging planes. I believe we will see a change in the plane use with this map.

Things I don't like from this map have already been stated in the other threads. I recall our first "big map" with 1.04 I think, it was the same "booohooo it's too big", but hey we got to love it. New changes are rarely welcomed to their true value :D

This map allows to use Ah to it's fullest.

My 2cts. Ty Aks, far from perfect, but much to my likings.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
Why I like the new map
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 11:19:07 PM »
Geez Frenchy,

You're too easy going. :)

This post doesn't fit in with the rest.

Come on, you can whine, you know you want to. Everybody's doing it. It won't hurt.
Come on, just a little bit.  :)

Actually, I agree with you. :0  I like the map too.

Being mostly a lone wolf, I like to do something different everytime I log on. Fly a fighter sweep today. Jabo missions tomorrow. Maybe defend the next time I'm up. To me it seems "easier" to accomplish these "missions" with out getting jumped by half a dozen nme's or trailing along with 40 other Knits with no opposition.

All in all it's been more fun I think.

Just my opinion of course. :)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why I like the new map
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 12:01:33 AM »
The new map sucks. Its great for deebs to hide in its immense size and structure. I do however like the radar cicles :D

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Re: Why I like the new map
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 11:21:41 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
you can finally turnfight a spit in a D30 and shot him down after a 10 minute fight.  

Yea, right. :)
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Why I like the new map
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 01:03:12 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
To counter balance all those negative threads about the pizza, and because mostly people who have to complain post, not the ones who are happy :D

I like the pizza because you have more liberty of action than any other map.

You can fly a perk plane in actual "war condition" without having to worry about being gang banged by anything in sight. I had some great 1 vs 1, 1 Vs2, 3 Vs 2 ... against TA152s, Spit14s.

I also like those smal numbers, you can finally turnfight a spit in a D30 and shot him down after a 10 minute fight. In smaller map, withiin the first 3 minutes, 2-3 spits from each side joins and you end up killed or "kill stolen".

I can plan more diversity of missions with my group. We can go train/truck hunting on the deck with a reasonable chance of flying 10 miles without getting vulched by a cloud of "reds".

I think that this map will allow people to evolve from the basic LA7/Spit and fly more chalenging planes. I believe we will see a change in the plane use with this map.

Things I don't like from this map have already been stated in the other threads. I recall our first "big map" with 1.04 I think, it was the same "booohooo it's too big", but hey we got to love it. New changes are rarely welcomed to their true value :D

This map allows to use Ah to it's fullest.

My 2cts. Ty Aks, far from perfect, but much to my likings.

Well stated.

I agree.

eskimo

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Why I like the new map
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2002, 03:19:22 PM »
Hehehe Myelo;)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------