Author Topic: Bombers: The other white meat!  (Read 125 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Bombers: The other white meat!
« on: July 08, 2002, 08:14:41 AM »
So far I have to say I really like the new bomber formations.  It seems to me that as it was before the pilot had the gunner positions down well enough to traverse the whole aircraft in the sound of a whizzing tracer.  Now with the other two added bombers and blind spots it’s not as easy to draw a bead.

Seeing a formation under 10k air to ground is a great sight.  Chop one head off the dragon and the other two start the death dance with him.  Get a quick loop in and bag the second while he’s trying to recover and the third, well if you haven’t done enough damage that’s ok.  By this time the nose is down too much, speed is picking up, and a few rounds in assures the kill as the wings snap off spinning into the ground.

Did I also mention seeing about 4 formations and a big dar bar trying to close a field, worried that it would already be taken, and then when I arrived there was hardly any damage.  Don’t ya just hate it when those bombs fall off target :D.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 08:28:49 AM »
Even better....get 'em as they are taking off.  No chance for the pilot to recover...boom, boom, boom...all dead.

Perhaps it might be considered unsportsman-like....but after being HO'ed mercilessly recently I figured it was "my turn" to be a dick.:cool:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline OSCAR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 08:35:19 AM »
But also when they land their ord on a town, it's dead in one pass. With the right delay in dropping it is really a destructive deal.