Author Topic: Cheaters?  (Read 302 times)

Offline OSCAR

• Zinc Member
Cheaters?
« on: July 08, 2002, 08:50:20 AM »
Here's the set up.

In a me262 cruising the ground , zoom up  behind a 205 that passed over me at 13k or so, get 200-220 yds his six and open fire with 4x30mms, I use about a good 1.5-2 seconds on this 205 (major hit sprites) but he keeps flying along then pulls hard right because he seeing the tracers I guess. as he banks i nail him again in a snap shot I see his canopy getting hit then finally boom ! no he doesnt explode his wing fall off only.....

Now here I am on the very next sortie in a A20 with 8x500 on board, I see a flak now attacking the same base I was defending I get 8k above it and dive dropping 2x500 right on top of the flak thats just static on the ground, boom ..nothing, make another pass using 4x500s (since now kinda hard to see the flak since he's in 2 bomb craters) and still not even smoking, make another pass using 2x500s and still no smoke, make 4 more passes with 50cals (using all but 253rnds) and finally he's smoking and his turret is down, Kaboom he leave the flak.....guess what.... its the same guy that was in the 205.  I grab a yak to goon hunt and I see that someone else (not a newbie) is talking about this flak that wont die (he's actually complaining his panzer won't kill a flak)even tho its taking multiple hits from 4-5 other tanks/flaks/m3 (hehe m3).  BTW I'm using a 1.05mbs connection pinging at 79 or so.

The question is since I'm not a guru exactly, can someone minipulate the packets? and would that even matter?

Also I can drop bombs pretty well,,ask rollo and habu they know.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Cheaters?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 08:54:20 AM »
Q: What was the common denominator in all of these occurances?

A: You.

Strange you should use "cheaters" in the text of your subject.  Maybe "should I have relogged" would be more appropriate.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 09:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu

Strange you should use "cheaters" in the text of your subject.  Maybe "should I have relogged" would be more appropriate.

AKDejaVu

Did you read his post? Im thinking about this passage: "and I see that someone else (not a newbie) is talking about this flak that wont die (he's actually complaining his panzer won't kill a flak)even tho its taking multiple hits from 4-5 other tanks/flaks/m3"

Personally I think the invisible planes are still with us in v1.10 but since I dont have film, I cant prove it.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 09:32:52 AM »
Post your film. (tm)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 09:32:56 AM »
Its not an isolated incident.

What's happening is the effect of lag on both you and the target.  I've noticed more and more of this happening since the 1.10 update and I suspect its something with either the servers or the traffic going to them that's causing the phenomenon.  I've had as many disco's in the past 3 days as I have in the past 3 months.  Give it a week or two and there should be an improvement as the servers stabilize (a lot of players are still d/ling the software and that's tying up bandwidth).  Until then, just smack the vehicle hangers on your bomb runs and on your next sortie use a panzer to kill the enemy gvs.

Offline lothar

• Zinc Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2002, 10:47:30 AM »
I can't comment on your experiences with the 262/205, but one thing comes to mind about "hard to kill vehicles".  

Don't forget that it is possible that someone may have dropped vehicle supplies.  One thing I have done in the past is to grab an M3 and make several runs dopping off vehicle supplies leaving a trail at least partway to my target.  That way if I get damaged I can click on "Load Supplies" and continue on my merry way.  

Just a thought...

lothar

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Cheaters?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2002, 10:54:09 AM »
Originally posted by OSCAR
as he banks i nail him again in a snap shot I see his canopy getting hit then finally boom ! no he doesnt explode his wing fall off only.....

Hit sprites are generic and display over the entire model. Chances are, the round hit the wing... you just can't tell because hit sprites can't be hidden by parts of the plane you're shooting at.

And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with invisible planes Hortlund, Oscar here probably failed to nail the Flak with the bombs... and instead they fell near it. Remember, you can't kill 'em without a direct hit. Especially not with 500lbers.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2002, 11:17:59 AM »
FWIW, hard to kill vehicles are nothing new. I gave up trying to kill GVs from the air for this reason. There are a few particular people that are nigh impossible to kill in their GVs for whatever reason. If a couple of bombs right on top of them won't kill them, I figure nothing will. No sense exposing yourself to the possibility of getting shot down when you cannot kill the guy in return.

I've notice this for several versions, not just this one...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2002, 11:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Did you read his post? Im thinking about this passage: "and I see that someone else (not a newbie) is talking about this flak that wont die (he's actually complaining his panzer won't kill a flak)even tho its taking multiple hits from 4-5 other tanks/flaks/m3"

Personally I think the invisible planes are still with us in v1.10 but since I dont have film, I cant prove it.
And did you read the posts?  He said he killed him both times... but yet nobody else was able to?  Yeppers... iron clad scenario there.

Couldn't have been lag.. nope.. need to call someone a cheater.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2002, 12:50:48 PM »
The only other wrench I can throw into the works is whether or not it is possible the GV was respawning at a remote spawn. If that guy was dying you should get the kill message if YOU are the one killing it, but if several of you are taking turns getting it, it would appear as the same GV over and over.

Offline OSCAR

• Zinc Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2002, 06:35:29 PM »
Hmm  have to say AKDej. is but an idiot...No its not my connection i've got plenty of experience killing vehicles often with a single rocket or a single 100# bomb. But when you encounter something like this with the same guy in a plane first then a flak and the results are the same ,thats a bit odd don't you think?

Also you don't need to make a direct hit on a gv with a 500# to kill them, killed plenty with nearby impacts. (within a veh. length or so).

Also the tank shooting him was but 1.5k or so away and the flak shooting him was but 400-500yds away, the m3 closed to about 800yds.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2002, 06:41:37 PM by OSCAR »

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2002, 06:42:17 PM »
Kieran if this was the case, all the shooters but the killer should at least receive an assist message.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2002, 06:50:42 PM »
Originally posted by OSCAR
Hmm  have to say AKDej. is but an idiot...No its not my connection i've got plenty of experience killing vehicles often with a single rocket or a single 100# bomb. But when you encounter something like this with the same guy in a plane first then a flak and the results are the same ,thats a bit odd don't you think?
Your connection or his.. one is to blame.  I do still believe you embelished to make the whole thing seem even more fiendish.  You were able to kill him (got his id afterall) but others were not... You obviously hit him with every bomb because you say you do it all the time.

Nearest I can tell... you simply came here and titled a thread cheater because his death was delayed.  Tell me again just exactly it was that said 'cheat' about that particular scene?  Was he offing people right and left in the meantime?  Was he proceding to get on your 6 and shoot you down?  Just what was it?

Ah... but you are the rocket scientist that can't figure out a simple problem so your reaction is to think cheater.  If being opposite of you is being an idiot... I accept that label.

AKDejaVu

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2002, 06:52:07 PM »

AKDejaVu

then

And did you read the posts? He said he killed him both times... but yet nobody else was able to? Yeppers... iron clad scenario there.

Couldn't have been lag.. nope.. need to call someone a cheater.

I'll comment your second post: he never said that he killed the guy in the flak. He said the flak was smoking so the guy exited....giving him a kill as he was in enemy territory. Maybe a 3rd reading would be prudent before you engage your lecturing mode.

Maybe he jumped hastily to the conclusion that the guy was cheating, but you seem to post without much thinking as well.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Cheaters?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2002, 07:04:09 PM »
Ah.. sorry... guess he musta clearly known that it was a kill vs an exit.

He musta just exited when he was in the plane too.  Afterall... it was exactly the same both times.

Right?

Its not a problem when someone comes and asks what is up with this situation wanting to know what could be wrong.  Instead, we get another "cheaters" post.

Once again.. I invite you or anyone else to even remotely describe what was being accomplished with this cheat that couldn't kill people 1.5k away from him?  Or made only his wings fall off of a plane instead of blowing up?  I'm missing that here.

Really... just what was the cheat?

AKDejaVu