Author Topic: Veterans since Beta, or before V1.0:  (Read 1637 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Veterans since Beta, or before V1.0:
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2002, 01:24:54 PM »
Darkglam- energy burned off most planes in one or two turns, then they were wallowing targets in the sky as they stalled.

Most people who liked the 1.03 FM flew BnZ aircraft.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2002, 01:28:42 PM »
Originally posted by myelo

I do all my chute shooting with rockets. And it's important for me to know that the last thing the little guy sees is a visually appealing smoke trail coming at his head.

ROTFLOL!  Thanks, gonna have to try that one!

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2002, 03:50:55 PM »
I think 1.10 or 1.05 is the best for me. 1.09 was actually a great one too with AHV because that has completely changed the game for me as well.

I remember playing the beta and being completely wowed by the tracers (compared to warbirds). I can't remember off the top of my head if the control surfaces moved in wb2 but i also remember being pretty impressed that they did in here

after ah went pay i didn't have the money to subscribe (being a lowly high school senior) so i dropped my account and then came back for a two week trial when the GVs were introduced. those were wicked cool and at the time i tried real hard to get my friends to play the game with me.

when i subscribed in fall of 2000, 1.04 was incredible fun and then of course the AK scenario which really dragged me in. I dont think i would have kept with the game if it wasn't for that scenario because i had such a good time panzerdriving with dinger. right after that i begged hb to let me be one of his cronies and he said yes and then it was all downhill from there :)

it seems like every new release we get some cool new feature that really adds to the game.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2002, 04:17:04 PM »
Yup  1.10 great...but I liked the version before they fixed the A5 :p
- The Flying Circus -

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2002, 04:26:44 PM »
1.02 when i first find out AH
and offcourse 1.11 when they at last releases 2 extra models from the P38

I also like to mention 1.14 when they release this :
:D

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2002, 04:48:30 PM »
1.03 I miss that old FM :(

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2002, 05:08:09 PM »
The release with the CVs was the best. Release 1.10 is second best till 1.11 is out.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2002, 05:11:47 PM »
Someday we will get a release that revamps the graphics engine with realistic terrain and low level weather like Falcon 4.0 or realism and feel like IL2 or damage etc... in Janes WWII Fighters. The more the better!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2002, 06:32:13 PM »
I'm a pure T&B flier and loved the old FM...it certainly gave the edge to B&Zer's but you could force em to burn E awful fast also...what was nice is it rewarded good ACM. You really had to fly the edge of the envelope. Even though I was on wrong end most of the time it was still most intense fighting I've ever been in a "game".

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2002, 07:54:33 PM »
I second that Bug, with the release of the 38, ive been happy ever since.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2002, 08:45:24 PM »
When Kelton finally figured out how to get Full Time flight, rather than Half Time flight, working over a 2400 baud connection back on the old GEnie network. That was the best release yet.

Er wait, that was Air Warrior, about a decade ago.

Well, still the best release yet imo, certainly from a historically significant perspective.

This one was really cool too though :).
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Griego

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2002, 10:02:25 PM »
I Alway here that the FM of AH and Warbirds are so different LOL. the same guys that did Warbirds also created AH and the FM IMHO aren't so different at all.

the only thing that's different is the way certain planes compare to Warbirds. like the d9 but they fly pretty much the same. not like AW and AH. totally different FM.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2002, 10:23:36 PM »
the one that will bring gunnery tro Il-2 Sturmovik level...

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2002, 11:33:46 PM »
Every new release has me waiting anxiously and I have yet to be disappointed. None of you has mentioned 'Jet-day' (the introduction of the 262), which I really loved being a part of. I can't choose a favorite, because they've all added more fun upon fun. I do have a fond memory of the 10k A1 map, as I used to love racing down the hill in a panzer and wading through the ack southwest of A1.

There's no looking back, though, as systems improve and we get more-and-more players into the game progress must continue forth. Here's to HTC and may you all continue to be inspired!

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2002, 01:19:10 AM »
1.03 - no doubt... the initial release with the Ueber-A5!!! God, was I amazed when I first flew that plane... ;)

Still like the old FM better!! Realism, gameplay concession? Who knows what devile rode HTC for 1.04 :D ! Remember chasing his "new FM" spit around - UFO-like... well, one wouldnt recognize an UFO amongst UFOs nowadays... ;)

---

BETA was the most fascinating release of course... awe, those were the times! Would like a ressurection of the old beta "central-mountain" map!!! God, was sneaking goons through canyons fun!!
Real men fly Radial!