Author Topic: Faulty Divebomb and Precision bombsites??  (Read 844 times)

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Faulty Divebomb and Precision bombsites??
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2002, 09:33:26 AM »
All it means, Anvil, is that the people who learned how to calibrate their sights correctly will just stop applying Tennessee windage to their drop point and use the crosshairs; if they were accurate before, they'll be accurate afterward. But you'll also get all the people who learned how to calibrate their sights, but never learned how to effectively guage how much to lead to compensate for lack of drag, that will be dropping accurately, too. Which means the number of good buffers will go up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2002, 09:36:49 AM by Shiva »

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2002, 11:55:03 PM »
To be honest, I've never ever felt the effect of this 'bug' with the bomb sight. I admit it could be because of the way how I prefer to bomb, though. I never expect bombs to hit right on marker like some of the pics posted here suggests it should. I always just thought anything hit within about 100 yard radius of the marker is good enough.

So, I put the delay at 0.3 for towns, 0.4 for Vehicle bases, 0.6~0.7 for airfields, and always drop bombs when the bomb marker enters the desired 'area' not desired 'pin-point'.

With this method I've never missed the target I wished hit, since I would effectively bomb everything in the path so eventually the bombs will hit the target. Maybe my method on bombing sort of provides something like 'natural tendency to lead the target a bit' since I look to bomb the whole area, I wouldn't know.

All I know is, from towns to hangars, anything that needs to be taken down I've not missed. The 'bug' somehow doesn't effect me personally.

ps) ....and while many people promote doing the 'mark' process against a target straight below, I still mark on the desired target itself on the horizon. Somehow, this may have an effect, too.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2002, 12:01:56 AM by Kweassa »

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
dumb question
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2002, 12:17:09 PM »
I know, I haven't read everything yet.

But, can someone tell me how to turn on this "divebomb" sight?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2002, 01:26:47 PM »
its on in the training arena.. i think its on by default in there...

it doesn't work in the Main arena

SKurj

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Thanks
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2002, 08:58:39 AM »
TY SKurj,

Thought I was goin crazy, read all twice and still no db sight:confused:

Thought I was goin crazy

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2002, 10:56:21 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
To be honest, I've never ever felt the effect of this 'bug' with the bomb sight. I admit it could be because of the way how I prefer to bomb, though. I never expect bombs to hit right on marker like some of the pics posted here suggests it should. I always just thought anything hit within about 100 yard radius of the marker is good enough.

With this method I've never missed the target I wished hit, since I would effectively bomb everything in the path so eventually the bombs will hit the target. Maybe my method on bombing sort of provides something like 'natural tendency to lead the target a bit' since I look to bomb the whole area, I wouldn't know.

Yeppers,  I followed your tutorial to the tee and started hitting targets everytime.  I about drove myself nuts attempting precision drops...  Actually I kind of wish HT would leave the bug alone... I think this type of bombing is much more realistic.

Salute