Author Topic: Oh No!!! they made it even worse!  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Oh No!!! they made it even worse!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2002, 11:18:20 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron

Why did we nix that idea anyhow Wabb?

Ya know what? When we, the BK's, first saw the new map, some of us thought maybe lazs "area within an arena" was going to be tried out.

But alas...sigh.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2002, 11:18:53 AM »
Rip, you may want to look here.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2002, 11:19:59 AM »
The subject of this thread needs to be changed to Fighter Ace 3.0
JG11

Vater

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2002, 11:21:38 AM »
As for Lazs and consistency, he has been supremely consistant. I don't agree with his ideas on arena layout necessarily, but I clearly understand them. C'mon, Rip, with that post count you certainly read them, too. Just in case you didn't, he wants an "All-in-one" arena that has a section for early-war a/c. He wants bases to be closer together. He wants the impact of bombing to be negligible on furballs. Really, the only knock on Lazs I have is he tends to dump hard on ideas he doesn't like, whether he has given their implementation a try or not. As stated before, that tends to make his ideas be taken less seriously when he does forward them.

I think you know all this already.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2002, 11:24:55 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
Rip, you may want to look here.

Thks Math, missed that one!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2002, 11:28:59 AM »
Ya know what? When we, the BK's, first saw the new map, some of us thought maybe lazs "area within an arena" was going to be tried out.

I think his idea might have some merit.  

If Laz has a vision, then he and some of you BK ought to grab the editor and make it happen.  

If you guys don't take his idea serious enough to be willing to put some effort behind it to make it a reality, why should anyone else?

Hitech has given anyone with a vision all the tools they need to make it a reality.  

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2002, 11:29:23 AM »
The subject of this thread needs to be changed to Fighter Ace 3.0

Or perhaps SVGA AW? Back when bombers and goons were only used (gross oversimplification noted) for getting the neutral bases closer to the ACM action :) Those were really great maps that brought all the action together in the same general place. But they would be impractical here for bandwidth purposes (and in fact became impractical in AW after the AOL/gamestorm number boost). [edit: still, the concept might work well in a CT environment where the numbers more closely match AW FR numbers and where the unused thrid conutry could fill in as the neutral bases (Hasn't this been tried in a setup or two already?). I played for many years where 75 in the arena was a good evening.]

I really like the new map in general, I just think we need more numbers for it to see its full potential for every type of player.

Charon
« Last Edit: July 10, 2002, 11:33:49 AM by Charon »

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2002, 11:36:44 AM »
Originally posted by Lazs
maybe i should explain...my squadmates and are on for an average of 2 hours a nite and some nites there is nothing going on at all.   nothing worth doing for us.   we do not enjoy milkrunning (strat) or organized gangbanging (missuns).
lazs

LOL....only 2 hours a nite...

I'm happy when I can get 6 hours a week... :rolleyes:

Just a question: if your online time is so limited, why do you spend it posting in almost every CT thread, although everyone on this board has already understood that you don't like the concept of this arena....
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2002, 11:41:29 AM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit

I think his idea might have some merit.  

If Laz has a vision, then he and some of you BK ought to grab the editor and make it happen.  

If you guys don't take his idea serious enough to be willing to put some effort behind it to make it a reality, why should anyone else?

Hitech has given anyone with a vision all the tools they need to make it a reality.  

Regards,
Wab

You mean...work? Work on a computer? At home?

Nooooo, pleaseeeeee!

Seriously, I actually was considering just that. I downloaded the editor yesterday and am going to give it a go.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2002, 11:41:40 AM »
I still wonder, and forever will wonder, why so many people want to continue stuffing everyone into one single arena.  The problems associated with the MA--mass gangbanging, 40-50 plane netlag-causing furballs, rampant milkrunning, these problems only get WORSE as you increase map size/player numbers.

Although at one point I thought that maybe Lazs' area arena might work, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldnt--it'd only serve to concentrate the fighting somewhat as nearly everyone would be in the late-war area.  Earlier planes just don't have the appeal that the late-war rides have, even when they're able to operate unmolested.

What AH really needs is to open up two MA's limited to around 250 and get rid of the pathetic terrain in the DA in favor of something more useful.

J_A_B

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2002, 11:43:40 AM »
"although everyone on this board has already understood that you don't like the concept of this arena...."

Because you are not allowed to have non-lazsic fun.

Daff

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2002, 11:49:58 AM »
Seriously, I actually was considering just that. I downloaded the editor yesterday and am going to give it a go.

Outstanding!  Thats what I want to hear.  

Just be sure to design it all out in a bitmap firstand get HT to agree to it before you burn editor hours.  If I can be of any help let me know.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2002, 11:50:07 AM »
Originally posted by Daff
"although everyone on this board has already understood that you don't like the concept of this arena...."

Because you are not allowed to have non-lazsic fun.

Daff

Hehe, Daff reflects Lazs previous pilot career in WB's and AGW. :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2002, 11:51:03 AM »
Originally posted by Apache

You mean...work? Work on a computer? At home?

Nooooo, pleaseeeeee!

Now get 'cher lazy bellybutton squaddie to help you (Lazs) ;)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2002, 11:54:21 AM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit

Outstanding!  Thats what I want to hear.  

Just be sure to design it all out in a bitmap firstand get HT to agree to it before you burn editor hours.  If I can be of any help let me know.

Regards,
Wab

Thanks for the info Wabbit and the offer to help. I'll give ya a yell if I get stuck, (which is a high probability).