Author Topic: Images  (Read 275 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Images
« on: July 12, 2002, 03:19:05 PM »
I try to post a screenshot but it says this image is too big...Even though i converted it to JPG any suggestions?

Offline Aurelius

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com  http://www.aurelius.8m.net/aceshigh
Images
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2002, 05:32:58 PM »
make the image smaller usually works for me.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Images
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2002, 05:37:18 PM »
Hi Wldthing,
 Make it smaller :D Sorry but that's it, As long as you can get it less than 102401 bytes it will post. Of course if you have web space and use the IMG tags you can make it as big as you want, (But spare a thought for us sad people who can still only have a 56K connection- Spits in BT's direction). ;) The clarity largely depends on the package you use to convert from "bmp" to "jpg". Some are better than others in this respect.

If you are converting to "JPG" there should be an option button somewhere on the "save as" box. Here you can reduce the size (& definition) of the image. finding out what you can get away with is the trick.

Sorry but that's about it.

TTFN
snafu

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Images
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2002, 08:25:46 PM »
Thank you guys...One more thing though i cant Delete any of my posts it says 30 seconds delay passed or something like that.. Any suggestions on that?

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Images
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2002, 09:34:17 PM »
Here is a good, free, easy to use program called IrfanViewIrfanView

Just open the screen shot.  You can select part of the screen shot to reduce the size, and to crop anything you don't want or need showing.  Then save as a JPG.  In the Save Picture As... box you will see an option button.  Click it and you will see a slider to set the Save Quality.  As you reduce this, you will make the file smaller by increasing the compression, but it will reduce the quality.  You can bring this easily back to 70 or more without much reduction in quality.  Save it and post it.  Attached is an example that's about 80K.

You will find the same type option somplace in other graphics programs.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
Images
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2002, 08:09:23 PM »
How do you get it without the

John has attached this image:?

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Images
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 08:46:07 PM »
How do you get it without the

John has attached this image:?

Don't attach an image.  Link to the image.  First you need to put the image on your web site, or a place you can upload to.  Then use the IMG button and put in the link to your image.

This image is located on my web site, not attached to the message.

Gunner
Cactus Air Force