Author Topic: 1 Man Field Captures  (Read 778 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
1 Man Field Captures
« on: September 23, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
I really think gameplay would be better served if it required 2 goons to capture a base.It's too easy to up a B17,kill all acks,bail,roll M3 or goon and capture an otherwise undamaged field.The base under attack must have at least 1 FH,1 BH and %25 of fuel,ammo destroyed before Map Room door will open.Make it 14 drunks to capture a small field,16 for a medium field and 20 for a large base.Award 1 perk for each grunt that makes it to map room regardless if base gets captured.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
It's hard enough to get troops on a field as it is, with those requirements it will be impossible

I got shot down 3 times trying to get a c47 to a closed field, and that was with fighter cover

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »
We lost about 15 to 20 goons trying to capture 21 last night.

eskimo

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
1 man field captures only happen when one country is lazy and doesn't watch the sector bar.

Leave it as is. (except, of course, lose dar bar below 500ft)  ;)

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2001, 07:52:00 PM »
Kinda wondered... can we make it so we have different requirements for different size bases?  Like as follows:

Vehicle base: 5 troops
Small airbase: 10 troops
Medium airbase: 15 troops
Large airbase and Ports: 20 troops

Just a thought...

Flying Dutchman

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2001, 05:57:00 AM »
I got medium base few days ago and i done it all alone.. I deacked 1/2 half of medium field in first try then i die.
Second half of field i deacked in few mins, also die. Mooj flew there in niki and he finished me after flak fot my airelon. So i took goon and start my low alt trip to that base. Mooj has been over base keep climbing in sweet dream that i will come back low and slow  :D ... but i took that base while he was about 7 miles away  :D

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2001, 07:41:00 AM »
If a base is not used, nor does anyone defend it, what's the point in making it harder to capture?

Westy

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
exactly westy.... The bases need to be easier to capture once they are down and they need to have fighters available till they are down.
lazs

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Westy,If it required 2 goons within a ceratin time limit,1 man base captures would be impossible.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Just noticed FDutchmans idea.I think thats a good one.Perhaps small bases (and vehicle bases) can be taken with 1 goon.Worth a try I thinks.(requiring 2 goons worked great in AW3 btw)  :cool:
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin:
Westy,If it required 2 goons within a ceratin time limit,1 man base captures would be impossible.

And why should it be impossible ?

If you don't defend a field you will lost it that's simple .

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »
You shouldn't have to defend an airbase against one lone pilot.(Unless of course that man is Billy Bishop)..  :D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
this is a bit strange but i think i see what laz means.Laz you mean make it so that its impossible to stop fighters until you close every hanger? what you should ask for , if this is the case, is for BH's and FH's to be shown as the same hangers.You see if we were unable to see which was which we would be forced to destroy all of them.
just a thought.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Just get rid of the distinction between fighter hangars and bomber hangars.  That way it stops the one bomber taking out all fighter operations at a base.  Ahh, hazed has translated what lazs has been trying to tell us!   :)  I like the idea.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Hammerhead

1 Man Field Captures
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
I dont think it would be right to make bomber and fighter hangars alike, they should look and be quite different. As for one bmbr taking off and ruining fighter ops well that can happen only if the fighters are not there at all. I think if a bomber bombed an airfields hangar then the planes within it would be destroyed or damaged. So its right that one bomber disables all fghtr-ops. Besides if u can let him  do that u deserve to lose the field  :D

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: Hammerhead ]