Author Topic: offline bombing?  (Read 348 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
offline bombing?
« on: July 14, 2002, 02:36:16 AM »
Have any of you tried bombing "offline?"  While I had 1.10 patch 1, I did what Hitech said: escape/setup/arena settings/flightmode and checked precision bombing and dive bombing gunsight.  Well, it didn't work.  The green + didn't move - it stayed with the bombsight.  

Later, when we got 1.10 patch 2, I thought maybe it had been fixed, so I took a second look.  It still doesn't work, but now, if I attempt to change anything (in flightmode flags), I get the message "Only CMs have this privilege."

I'm OFFLINE, not ONLINE.  

Anyone run into this?

curly

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
offline bombing?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 08:24:27 AM »
i get the CM privs thing too curly.. or i did with 1.101  not tried with 1.102

Will give it a try again.

Someone said exit out and restart and tray again never tried that though.

SKurj

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
offline bombing?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 08:30:28 AM »
It worked for me now curly..

just a thought... change some of the arena settings, then click save settings.  Then try to change the flightmodel flags.  If that doesn't work, try exit AH and then restart and when u are back loaded, try change the flightmodelflags

SKurj

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
offline bombing?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 10:47:42 AM »
The divebomb sight IS the precision bombsight.  The difference is that the dive bomb sight is drawn constantly so it can be seen from a fighter.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
offline bombing?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 08:19:29 AM »
I saw in a previous post somewhere that the green site that is viewed in the bombsite is an indication of how accurate the calibration is.  If the green site is right on the crosshairs, the site is properly calibrated.  Above or below the crosshairs, the site is not properly calibrated.  Is this correct??

Thanks!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
offline bombing?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 09:17:55 AM »
Correct

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
offline bombing?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 10:11:17 AM »
AKcurly
I have found that if you TURN OFF the precission sight and only use the dive bomb sight you well be able to do the practice. The dive bomb sight will move as you try to adjust the level sight after the U is pressed for the second time the green sight and the cross hairs of the level sight will display. if both are aligned then you did the setup correctly. however I usually only come close and have not made a good alignment yet.
I have found that, get the plane at an altitude and repeatly attempt to adjust the sight this is good practice. I never drop the bombs just practice the alignment again and again. You will get better as you go along. I do the off line all the time and get better when I drop on line

DarkHawk    HGDRK
:eek:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2002, 10:13:23 AM by DarkHawk »
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline SkyWorm

• Zinc Member
OffLine Bombing
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 06:23:31 PM »
Well it worked for me but does not save, I have go into settihng each time. Wish it would work online.  I fianlly took out a FH, Offline only, green cross hair hit the target.

Offline SkyWorm

• Zinc Member
OffLine Bombing
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 06:30:02 PM »
Well it worked for me but does not save, I have go into settihng each time. Wish it would work online.  I fianlly took out a FH, Offline only, green cross hair hit the target.

Forgot to add, I only have arena setting offline :(

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
offline bombing?
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 06:58:01 PM »
Been using the green divebombing sight to practice my calibration. Oddly enough I found that I'm a lot more likely to be accurate if I 'mark' in an area behind my plane. Can get the crosshair pretty close to the divebombing sight that way.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.