Author Topic: Okay, the joke is getting old  (Read 151 times)

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Okay, the joke is getting old
« on: July 16, 2002, 09:04:20 PM »
I thought the pizza arena was real funny when it was first posted.

Then, the 1.10 update and there it is!  Haha.

A joke gets old.  This joke is has gotten too old.  It's no longer funny.

Aces High is boring.  Please turn it back into a flight sim/game.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 10:02:15 PM »
No creativity, doesn't arouse any emotion of any kind. Out of kindness, I give it a...

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Huh?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 12:04:03 AM »
Weave,

You agreeing that the arena is a bore?
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 12:08:01 AM »
Nope, just grading the creativity of your whine.:)

Offline hpilowrider1

• Zinc Member
      • http://boyd47.tripod.con/theaceshighcite
LOL
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 12:10:22 AM »
i think it suks too big and some bases like the ones you have to cross the ocean to get to are just to far and some are just sorta floating out there not near anything.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 03:02:26 AM »
I said long ago that the map is ridiculous, but I'm working with what we've got.

It sure makes a change from gaming the game and organised gangbangery. What I do not want to see is a return to the old days, in which guys trying to fly strat missions (low level with heavy bombs, perhaps) get jumped by GTGs (gaming the gamers) from on high who are simply circling to await their victims, and as a result of this aerial vulching (and don't tell me that's not what it is!) can pad their scores and crow about how good they are.

For the first time since I rejoined AH last year, I'm seeing real estate change hands without some mindless 10-1 vulchfest. Now, we can engage the enemy in one area thus distracting him from another area where we are about to seize one of his fields. (Pay attention to the map, guys!)

By all means, shrink the map a little, or have an alternative map for quiet periods when there are less than 100 guys online. But please let's not go back to the situation we had before, in which strat missions get zapped by score mongers coming in at 20K from an airfield a few minutes away.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2002, 03:05:13 AM by beet1e »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 05:50:09 AM »
I like the map:)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 07:50:47 AM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
I like the map:)

I like the "change" of scenary, the other maps were getting quite long in the tooth, though I wouldn't mind seeing them rotated with this new one.  I don't worry about every freaking front like Skurj, I just focus on the area that I'm currently flying in ;)

Whats up with the handful newbies posting "this sucks"?  Why not just do your two free weeks and move on?  In 3 years of this sim, there have been alot of changes for better or for worse...the terrain should be the least of your complaints, especially when you have other options such as the Combat Arena (historical terrain most of the time) and Tour of Duty (Historical terrain)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 08:14:56 AM »
oed.. are you saying that you have no trouble finding good large fights that have about equal numbers on each side?   would love to see your kills per hour stats and k/D stats burt you aren't listed.

Yes... the map is boring about 50-70% of the time.   It is boring more than any other map we have had.

The scenery change was nice but not worth it and.... now it's boring too.
lazs

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 08:29:19 AM »
ya..i guess it isa good time to goto CT and do some real fitn.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 08:47:42 AM »
oed... you see my point?   I have found 4 or five good fights too ... but...a hell of a lot more boring ones.   Not saying my opinion is more valuable than yours but I like to find equal fights and am agressive.   My kills per hour and K/D kinda pointg that way.   You get on here and say that we are all crazy and that the arena is a jam packed fun fest yet you don't fly in it and when you do you get slaughtered..

If I wanted to get slaughtered then I guess I could just go to the biggest red bar and "find a fite"  or maybe up (over and over) from a vultched field.    I simply think you should have qualified your opinion with sonmething like.... " i only fly four or five sorties a month and don't care if I get slaughtered but i have no trouble finding a fite in the pizza map."
lazs

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 10:27:28 AM »
This new version and map is what brought me back to the game.

for about the last 6 months.  I have not flown becasue the numbers that were on the smaller map were soo high that it was allmost imposible to find a good fight.
I loved fights back in beta and the second map the fights were a lot more personal.
thats  what i like about the new version now

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 02:22:22 PM »
oed... I am not implying anything...  I am stateing that I to could find lot's of "fights" if I was willing to get slaughtered.   Even at the worst odds I could manage to kill something before I died.    That is not the kind of fights I enjoy.   I also do not enjoy fighting over scraps when an "organized missun" from my "teamates" milkruns a few fields and then has to killshooter each other in order to maybe get a few rounds into the one or two cons stupid or unlucky enough to be there.
lazs