Author Topic: FBI official: Bin Laden likely dead  (Read 611 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
FBI official: Bin Laden likely dead
« on: July 18, 2002, 06:04:09 PM »
I wonder. The Full Story

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 06:11:54 PM »
He has to be dead.

Otherwise, Operation Enduring Freedom failed to achieve one of the primary objectives.

:D
sand

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 06:40:16 PM »
My wife thinks they have had him alive for some time, down there in Cuba.  I don't think it's impossible.  Definetely not probable.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 06:48:03 PM »
Most likely they don't know and are hoping if he's alive he'll take the bait and release a video showing he's alive and well.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 06:53:30 PM »
Wheels within wheels within wheels.

An onion peeled, one layer at a time.

The Spy Game.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 07:02:56 PM »
Does it make more sense for him to announce he's alive, and show the US campaign as a failure. Or keep everyone guessing and lay low? Any positions?

Charon

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 08:41:24 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
He has to be dead.

Otherwise, Operation Enduring Freedom failed to achieve one of the primary objectives.

I'd better call it "Operation reliable nirvana" or "Operation imaginary victory" or "Operation overwhemling democracy"... Depends on what Pentagon PR people smoke or drink.

:p

Offline N1kPaz

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Personally
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2002, 08:56:14 PM »
I think he is too busy sodomizing his goats to bother making a new video. chances are he spend most of his time showing them who their "daddy" is. so to speak...

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2002, 09:18:27 PM »
I kinda of see him looking South from Tora Bora when the first B-52 came in heading North.   I'd give him about 5 seconds after the first of those 50 500lbs hit about a quarter of a mile short till he became a marytr.
   Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.....

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2002, 03:57:18 AM »
Originally posted by Charon
Does it make more sense for him to announce he's alive, and show the US campaign as a failure. Or keep everyone guessing and lay low? Any positions?

Charon

It makes more sense for him to stay hidden.

Why?
1) The Yanks will lose focus. Some anti-war type personalities will assume that he is dead and argue along the lines of "The Taliban is routed, Al Queida is without a base and all people responsible for 9-11 is dead, now it is time to leave the past behind us and move on."

2) The Yanks will lose focus. Some pro-war type personalities will assume that he is dead and argue along the lines of "Bin Laden is dead, Al Queida is broken and desillusioned without their spiritual leader. All that remains for us now is mopping up the remnants. Now it is time to move on, to our next target, Iraq".

3) His minions wont believe he's dead until the Yanks show them the body though, he is rapidly approaching mythical status among his peers.

4) Al Queida benefits most from being underestimated. Believing that the Al Queida has lost its leadership will lead to underestimations. Before 9-11 no one believed that such an attack could be carried out by a terrorist organization ( = underestimation). Indeed, the 9-11 attacks would be hard to carry out for any intelligence organization in the world, including the Mossad.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2002, 04:42:09 AM »
FunkedUp: FBI official likely wrong.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2002, 08:54:08 AM »
Good points Hortlund, I'm convinced (of course, he could actually be dead). Along those lines, his eventual return in conjunction, say, with another dramatic terrorist success would make him even more of a god like figure for his supporters. You also get the impresson he's more of a maryter leader than a maryter himself, and hiding out right now is certainly a safer bet.

Charon

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2002, 10:13:25 AM »
We all know Hitler lived long after the bunker and was raising alpaca somewhere in Argentina
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Re: Personally
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2002, 10:45:19 AM »
Originally posted by N1kPaz
I think he is too busy sodomizing his goats to bother making a new video.  

Oh my.... :eek:

Bill Laden is a bish??? :eek:

;)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2002, 11:30:16 AM »
I think Hortland is right on this time...

it's in their best interests to lay low and let the myth build and the giant fall back to sleep