Author Topic: I sure miss the TODs  (Read 206 times)

Offline BD

• Zinc Member
I sure miss the TODs
« on: July 13, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
Early on in AH, some of the Buccaneers were running the Tour of Duty.  Each Tour was a series of missions in which you had one life for the duration of the tour.

I got in late on these, but each mission was the most fun I have had in any flight sim, period!  Reading the reports on Zig's SEA event reminded me of the experience of those missions.

With the new mission planner, maybe it's time to resurrect the TOD.  I realize that it takes a lot of time on the planner's part to get a TOD off the ground, but is anyone out there up for it?

Rojo

I sure miss the TODs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
Darn, BD...you went and made me feel guilty in my neglect.  I was CM for the original TOD, and I did indeed have a blast.  More importantly (to me), it seemed to be enjoyed by all.  If there is sufficient interest, I suppose we can do another real soon (as determined by the number of posters to this thread, hint, hint).  

I'm one of the newly selected CM's for AH, and I think we've got sufficient numbers of CM's that it won't be the nearly-home-wrecking-time-blackhole that first one was.  We can get it regularly scheduled in the SEA for certain days/times, and have both a European time-zone and a North American time-zone schedule and CM.  I'll get the CM group hopping on this...if you want it.

BTW, out of some 50 pilots who participated in the anaugeral TOD, only two (Wabbit and Bourbon) completed the requisit five missions to get credit, and Wabbit is still the reigning Ace with 7 kills.  The gauntlet has been thrown  .  Losses were severe, to say the least.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
I sure miss the TODs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2000, 01:12:00 PM »
Don't know about time considerations, but I'd be up for another round for sure.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I sure miss the TODs
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2000, 01:23:00 PM »
I was never in on the first one, but this sound fun...I'd certainly join in!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
I sure miss the TODs
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2000, 06:57:00 PM »
Yeah BD! That was fun stuff  

<Salute> Sabre, and the Bucc's!

Im in!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
I sure miss the TODs
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2000, 07:31:00 PM »
GMT TOD will be back up in September....with a fresh skin...

Check the Joker Low's Snapshots for the time being...

Saw

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.