Author Topic: XP Compatibility?  (Read 417 times)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
XP Compatibility?
« on: July 19, 2002, 08:13:40 PM »
Hi all ,
I just reinstalled the AHEditor (new computer, new OS) and am having a bugger of a time getting it to stay open. I've tried all of the "compatibility modes" and nothing seems to correct it.

I'm mostly having right-click issues within the map.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
XP Compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 09:31:10 AM »
Okay, let me rephrase that... is anyone using the terrain editor under Windows XP with success?
Rogue Squadron, CO

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
XP Compatibility?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 06:04:08 PM »
Dux, I'm on windows 2000Me so I can't help with that issue,  but I was wondering with the new install

1) do you have any terrain folders of old terrains in your C:\Program Files\HTC\aheditor\terrains dir? that you may have save from before?

2) if not, I believe ( been a while :) ) that when you first run the Editor you need to goto
File
New
Then enter a name of a terrain you want to build.

3) if you do have an old terrain that you are working on and when you open it in the editor and soon as you right click you crash then one thing you could do is
uninstall the editor
download it again
and install it

I know! thats a pain!

Pokie

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
XP Compatibility?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 09:03:35 AM »
Hiya Pokie,
   You are right... Aurelius suggested the first thing to do is make a New file before working; that solved it. Thanks for your help though.

I lost everything that was on my last computer... not really a huge problem cuz I'll do it all even better this time around.

ps. 2000ME?
Rogue Squadron, CO