Author Topic: Confessed cheaters in Aces High  (Read 2024 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Confessed cheaters in Aces High
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey Voss,

Do ya think those Iraqi's are REALLY still after you?

:D

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ralph Wiggums

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2001, 07:13:00 PM »
I bent my wookie.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2001, 08:42:00 PM »
I have used spy info to get enemy CVs.
I have also given friendly CV locations away when they are off map.
I have also hidden CVs offmap.
Call me a cheater, scum, *%#@, or whatever.

eskimo

Offline Ram1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
I'd say something here, but I think I'm still under TAS NDA

Ram1     :rolleyes:

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2001, 09:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ski:
Larry started writting a game that would blow AH out of the water and .... oh wait... scratch that..

Originally posted by SWulfe:
Damn iT I wAnted to Say that Ski!!
    :D

Stop it you two, I cant breath here
   ;)

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: 2Late4U ]

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2001, 09:43:00 PM »
I think when a CV hits the edge of the map it oughta fall off the earth, just like in real life.   ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
TAS NDA hell, I just want a ride in his personal P-51.    :rolleyes:

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
Wow voss... that is simply incredible.

I sit back and wait for people to disagree with me?  I started this assenine thread?

I said anything about what country did what?

How about this: a country captured a port, then they captured the CV.  Instead of defending the port and utilizing the CV for anything, that country became content with hiding the cv and refusing to defend the port.  When the port was recaptured, that country felt that simply hiding the cv should be sufficient to deny use to the new port owning country.  That country was wrong.

So, a poor pathetic small dick member of that country came here to cry about how evil anyone that takes that cv back in a manner they deam ungamely is.  As if anything leading up to that circumstance was acceptable.  Of course, there must be a tad bit of exageration and embelishment along the way... but that is neither here nore there (though it is the norm with this person).

Then that person must get totally defensive when he is revealed to be a whiner all the way from the high and mighty HT all the way down to the poor pathetic DejaVu.

In truth Voss... this is a pathetic whine thread personafied by the originator.  The shear audacity of the irony involved seems to be escaping only one person.

Don't come here kicking and screaming about things like honor.  You've already shown your complete failure to comprehend the notion.  Don't come here acting as if somehow your new found admiration for anything but vulching from a P-51 with a 20k alt advantage was relevant these days.

Everyone... EVERYONE knows better.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2001, 11:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Voss:
Stop making tulips out of yourselves and start trying to make helpful suggestions. Stop being love muffines and bringing up the distant past. Help just once in your lives. If, you can't say anything helpful, just shutup.

You should take notice of your own advice.

Or is That brAin tumor Still afflicting you?
-SW

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2001, 02:19:00 AM »
How is it "cheating" to use a second computer/account to learn the location of a carrier?

It doesn't involve hacking the game or abuse of known bugs.   It doesn't even involve lying to anybody.  

I'm not saying it's a good, fair tactic to use--it isn't.  But at the same time, it's certainly not cheating.   It's sort of like gangbanging--it won't earn the guy who does it any respect, but it's still an acceptable tactic.

Just send the CV's to the fight.  Then ya don't need to worry about them being spotted.  And use them in a support role; don't hinge the success of an attack on an easy-to-destroy carrier fleet.

J_A_B

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2001, 02:35:00 AM »
Leave your noodle envy out of this, Deja. You and all your AK worthless squadmates can try to turn this thread into anything they want. The fact of the matter is it was an AK that used the CHEAT'ers information, and you are engaging in personal attacks to cover for him.

You are making me repeat myself, due to your inability to grasp the obvious. Anyone in this game can make posts about things in the game they find disturbing, or off balance. It is not your place to patrol the BBS as a UBBNazi. You are not a member of the Gestapo. It is not whining to report your teams CHEAT and to ask for some modification that might prohibit such CHEATING in the future. The reason this rubs you the wrong way, is because you know I am right. Calling me wrong, doesn't make it true. You responded without reading through the posts and discovering what really happened. You got the events all wrong. That was stupid.

You still have nothing to add to any thread of any value. You only consider it an assinine thread because it indicates that your AK squadmate Larry cheated. He did. You consider it wrong for a country to hide a CV. It's not for you to say what your opponent can do with a CV. The rest of your rant, is my nomination for whine of the week. Kissing up to HT doesn't improve on your ignorant posts. Don't even try to tell me what to do, or what to post. Your fantastic imagination concerning vulches from 20k are absolutely ridiculous. It also adds nothing of merit to your post.

Your posts never carry merit.

This thread probably has more posts from AK's then your own squad forum. Bring up the past again; it'll really help prove your point about how CV's and cheating are all part of the game YOU want to play. Drown out all dissenters so that only your opinion can be heard. Attacking me will get you nowhere. I consider your attitude to be beneath notice. Everything you post of this nature will be ignored. It has no value, adds no benefit, and only serves to shed light on your true nature.

You AK's are disgusting. You Deja, are the most disgusting of the lot. You bore me with your predictable behaviour.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2001, 02:48:00 AM »
J-A-B,

Where in Ohio are you?
I am moving there (Akron) in about a month.

eskimo

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2001, 02:54:00 AM »
See AW'ers?

*This* is how the AH community settles things; with calm, reflective humour; well thought out points germain to the argument and never, ever resorting to ad-hominem attacks.

Are you AW guys sure you'll fit in?

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2001, 02:57:00 AM »
Simple fix for "off or near off map CVs", mapbuilders create a thin strip of land circling the known playable arena [Cant drive the CV over land]

Hiding CVs from the enemy is ok IMHO, provided your countrymates are ok w/ the tactic.  

In pondering whether or not switching sides to discern location of CV for a legitimate strike on the hidden out-of-play CV is very debatable.  Switching sides to move the CV back to a suicide mission is clearly "wrong" WRT fair gameplay.  

As for the spy argument, I kinda disagree since IRL you can shoot spies, kill shooter prevents this and the country can't VOTE a player out of the arena.  

Jarbo

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2001, 06:18:00 AM »
I'd just like to say I like Jell-O. A lot.