Author Topic: My view on the buff issue (LePauls Post)  (Read 255 times)

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
My view on the buff issue (LePauls Post)
« on: September 25, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »
1st, to all dedicated fighter jockeys:

Are u stupid?? Buffs ruin the fun, have u ever spent a single hour in the MA??

I can tell what ruins my fun as a dedicated fighter jockey, its all the LA7s and NIKIs around i see. I am knight, and when i change to planetype icons, i see lots of knights in FW, 109ers 205ers. But when i look at the approaching bish/rook birds, what do i see?? 80% LA7s and NIKIs.

OH yeah, some might thinK there is any skills in flying those birds, but sry NO there is NONE. When i hop into an LA7 there can be 4-1 odds, but unless there is another LA7 the odds dont matter the other guys are dead.

Now to the buffs:

high alt performance: the buff drivers say it is to good, HTC change it, give the Buffs there real ceiling and turning capabilities and its fine.

Guns: hey the need em, as the MA is, noone will ever start a 4 buff formation flight. As fighter jockey i know i need patience, to kill the buff but usually i have this time. And if u attack B17, B26 or lanc from dead 6, LOL u r not a skilled fighter jockey.

Bombing accuracy: OK they are accurate, but they miss any spread effect. Could u imagine a 1000er hitting in RL 300 yrds from ur takeoff point without u plane blow from the runway?? I guess not, in AH u can, i did it quite often.
Give em spread and they dont need the accuracy, but that i can hear the furballers whine "hey i was killed by a 1000er landing 150 yrds beside me."

Offensive buffs: LOL i didnt see one in now 6 month of AH that wasnt killed within 2 mins.

High alt buffs dweebs: rarely i see one, than i think "uh oh this guy took time to get this high, he is smart ass, dam i wont be able to intercept him."

and to the furballers: What the heck u do in the MA, i play in the MA (and AH too) cause it has this strategic capture element.
I flew Fighter Ace 2.5 before but the territorial combat there couldnt match with the teamefforts neccessary i AH. If i get up for i fighter sortie i usually fly base defense, nme base suppression or CAP against incoming airstrikes. If i want pure fighter furball action i go to H2H, but not to the MA.

Buffs in no way ruin any fun, disrupted game play or anything else. Amd if u are honest u know its true.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 04:52:00 AM »
Then you'll be happy to know that both the N1K2 and La-7 have revised flight models in 1.08.

The E retention has been reduced on both, particularly on the N1K2.

At least that is my understanding.

Personally, I see more Spits than N1K2s or La-7s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2001, 05:18:00 AM »
Really Karnak, that sounds good. No more NIKIs or LA7s zooming up from D3.0 below my 380 mph D9 and spraying and praying when they close to 400 yrds   :D

BTW lately i seem to see only NIKIs and LA7s. An nme Spit or P51 is a very rare surprise.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Naudet ]

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
I fly mostly fighters, but I try to do some buff runs too occasinally. Buffs are quite ok for me as they are now. If I have a choice to go after a fighter or a buff, I hunt the buff  :)

With ONE fix many of those buff issues could be fixed: Bomb dispersion !!!

-keep it accurate till 5k
-some dispersion at 10k (3 bombs would still cover FH area)
-more dispersion at 20k (3 bombs would cover BH area, but not FH)
-above 25k hangar kills would not be a sure thing anymore

This way buffs could still fly as high as they want to be safe, but to increase hit effectivity they would need to come lower.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
Ahhh.. forgot anouther thing...

Get rid of CAR BOMBING!!!!!

Suicide Lancs with 4k bomb are the most ridiculous thing in this game.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Qnm

• Copper Member
      • http://no-such.net/WORK
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
Enabling > 1 gunner / buff would be a very good addition as well.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
anyone flying a D9 has no right to talk about other planes being "dweeby".
lazs

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
anyone flying a D9 has no right to talk about other planes being "dweeby".
lazs

Methinks Lazs flies mostly N1K & La7....

:D
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
U would be wrong then.
lazs

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
I found that ironic too Lazs.  Especially since La-7 and D-9 were historical opponents.  Actually there were a heck of a lot more La-7 than D-9 in the East.  La-7 vs. A-8 is more like reality.      :)

Overall it's a pretty good post by Naudet.  He certainly makes a better case for the buffs than most of the guys have.     :)  <S>

PS, since I'm flying for Rooks, I'm glad to hear Knits are flying a lot of 190s and 109s.  Nothing makes me happier than sending a Hun down in flames.    :)

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
As to what plane you see the most of...  it just depends on when and where you're flying.  I don't see as many La7s as I do Spits and N1K2s.  Then again, I don't play as much as I used to in the MA.  I play Friday nights for the TOD (or whatever is in it's place) and here and there in the CT.  I'll play the MA on the Mindinao terrain or Isles terrain, but other than that, I usually log off if MA is Lake Uterus or Baltic.  Actually, the other plane types don't bother me that much, fly what you like.  If you like the Spit, La7 or George, then fly it.  It'll help you out a little, but if you're not a good stick, you'll still die.  If I get tired of seeing them, I'll play the CT or just log off and go beta test Camelot.   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
BlauK,

I understand that bombs are disabled on the ground in 1.08.  :)

Fw190D-9 is a killer alright. When I fly a top end aircraft, that one is my choice.

The Luftwaffe fans highly under rate it in my opinion.

The only two aircraft that I really fear when flying the Fw190D-9 are the La-7 and Tempest MkV, and how often do we see Tempests?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
1st lepaul post was titled

Ok, fighter jocks, why is it "pig pile" on the BUFFs

we answered; he debated; dont confuse what was going on there.

nikis spits la7s are no harder to kill then a buff

Wotan has 23 kills and has been killed 9 times against the La-7.

Wotan has 48 kills and has been killed 17 times against the N1K2.

Wotan has 27 kills and has been killed 18 times against the Spitfire Mk IX.

and I am at best "average"

The spit ix is the toughest plane for me h2h because i end up frustrated pressing to kill it making a mistake. Other then the zeke I fly lw planes. Everyone of them. My squaddie asked me to try something different so I tried a jug and the il2. I suk in a jug and hate it. IL2 is ok but boring.

I used to hate furballs and was under the fantasy that the "furballers" were all dweebs.

The fact is at any point in the main the majority of folks are Furballing. They seem to like it more then base capture more the strat bombing more then bnzing more then anything except maybe vulching and chute shooting.

if you dont believe me go look.

I gave up the dilusion that folks want historic planes vrs each other or that they even want a good h2h.

My squad flies buffs and we base capture but for the most part its so we can enjoy vulching.................  :)

bar that I gravitate to the furballs and enjoy the melee.

Now I will not bother rehashing that other thread you can go read it.

but as proof regardless of what anyone says the ct remains empty and the main stays packed with furballers.

The enemy of the furball is the buffer. Thus he will inevitably catch grief for it.

I surely dont think another buff thread will change that.

S! Naudet.......... ps send brady a private message he will tell ya all you need to know about ah buffs......... :)