Author Topic: Question for the CM team  (Read 225 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Question for the CM team
« on: November 07, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
With the  influx and expansion of players in the MA, Are map designs leaning to 512X512? Or you guys prefer 256X256?

NUTTZ

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Question for the CM team
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
There have been suggestions on this Nuttz.  unfortunatelt the SEA is limited to only about 250 people at this time.

I am not a "decision maker" in there, but I ASSUME that we will keep the size as is until that can be addressed.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Question for the CM team
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
It seems to me having the largest map available makes sense.  As with Hostile Shores, an area of operations for the scenario can be defined wherein all action must occur for a frame.

This way you have a larger map that can be used repeatedly for different scenarios in different parts of the map.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Question for the CM team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
Well, to be clear....the CM terrain team has nothing to do with the MA, we only create terrains for the SEA.

In the past we have been going with 512x512 maps, but the enormity of these maps sometimes makes them unwieldy for certain scenarios. We've started to make some smaller 256x256 maps that will see the light of day in the near future. As a matter of fact, I think the new terrain for the "Big Week" scenario is going to be 256x256.

Uh, Sundog, care to confirm that for everyone?

Offline Redwing

• Copper Member
Question for the CM team
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
Yup, Big Week terrain is gonna be 256x256

Redwing
CM Terrain guy

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Question for the CM team
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
Sorry guys, I don't check the general discussion board much, since I have a lot going on. However, we still have some 512 x 512 maps under development, they were started a while back, and we have many new 256 x 256 maps. All of these would be for the SEA.

Whatever happens for the MA is at the discretion of HTC and are/would be constructed based on how HTC would like Aces High to be presented to the online community, in terms of playability, etc.

Having said that, I think there are some ways that a 512 x 512 MA map could be made to be playable without requiring 9 months for one team to win  ;) . However, a lot really depends on what you guys, the players, want. So if you guys would like to see something at Aces High, speak up. I can't say you will see immediate changes, as changes take time. However, you can be sure HTC takes what everyone posts here into consideration and they won't know what that is if we don't let them know.  :)

I have seen requests for desert terrains, which I also would like to see. Some 'Seasonal' terrains would be nice as well. So let us know what you guys would like to see to help us make Aces High everything you would like it to be.