Author Topic: Amazing terrain  (Read 141 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Amazing terrain
« on: August 08, 2001, 04:32:00 AM »
I've been going through the various terrain, noting field size and elevations.  You know, who ever did this (terrain design) deserves a real pat on the back.  I mean, I know the flight model in Aces High is cool, and we have all kinds of cool toys to play with (different planes, GVs, CVs, buffs!)  But, the terrain, man, the terrain!

The terrains are deliberately designed to keep our limited attention spans engaged.  :)
Lake Uterus aka Tanker's paradise; Mindanao - dog fight city; Ndisles - CV battles and the Baltic terrain - the thinking guy/gal has to love this one - lots of strategy.

Anyway, WTG whoever designed the awesome maps.  I love everyone one of them.  :)

AKcurly

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Amazing terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 06:21:00 AM »
Agreed  :) !

Howz 'bout some More Historic terrains  :D ??

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Amazing terrain
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »
The terrian is very cool. I'd like to see much much more... lets do a moon surface.  :)
Maybe we could do a surface with a huge city and lots of skyscrapers,ruins,fires.

Guess maybe I outta mess with a terrian editor huh?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Amazing terrain
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
I'd like to add two "nyuck nyuck's!" to what Curly said.

I think the MOL got tired of hearing me say. "Man, I just love this terrain!!! (both Baltic and Mindanao)

westy

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Amazing terrain
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
I cannot get over how awesome the terrain is in Mindano.  Hell, I find myself just flying around admiring the ground while people shoot at me just so I can get in my chute and relax and enjoy the view  :D  (So for any of you lucky few fortunate enough to kill me, that is most likely what I was doing)

:rolleyes:

Nim

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Amazing terrain
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
The Mindanao terrain is fantastic.  It has been the only terrain that I have actually been able to use as a tool in combat rather than just eye candy.

I was level on the deck after take off in my 51D to pick up speed.  There was an enemy contact heading to the field, P47D-11.  By the time he dropped in on my 6 I had enough speed that his E bled out and it was a push at about 1.2-1.5K behind me.  I headed for the hills.

After a roll over the first two hilltops I had set it up as if I was just trying to escape.  At the third hill top, I rolled over the top, broke right and pulled up.  By the time the jug noticed me I was vertical and almost at the top of my loop.  Jug pulled hard to make the snap shot and missed, I dropped in behind and got the kill.

I like them all except the islands.  I don’t know what it is about it but I just dread it when I logon and its up.

<S> to the terrain crew.

<S> to 10bears who’s made some great special events terrain’s.

Zippatuh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Amazing terrain
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
and rotating them with each reset is a terrific idea! Never know what I'll see each time I log on.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals