Author Topic: Anyone else miss "warnights"?  (Read 315 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Anyone else miss "warnights"?
« on: April 24, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »
One of the few things I miss from AW is the Monday night warnight's. Limited plane set, 3 lives, 2 sides only. Was always a great time with some interesting match up's. Usually was a 90 min or so affair with some great action, especially as you neared the end nursing that last strike. Can remember more than one occasion dead sticking me burning hulk down thru a jabo to replane.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
Yes! Bring 'em on!

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2000, 11:27:00 PM »
No reason I can think of that this couldn't become a fixture in the SEA, right?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2000, 01:19:00 AM »
No reason that I can see.

So I guess all it will take is for some of us to organize an event like this. Are there any experienced old pros out there willing to tackle a war night?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2000, 08:00:00 AM »
Alright Humble!!!!

What date have you set for the first War Night???  Whats the plan?????

-Westy

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2000, 02:36:00 AM »
I can't let this little thread die so soon  

Would it be a kind of plagerism to take an existing, popular and already created warnight scenario and use it here in the SEA?

1)Rehash it to fit with AH.

2)Dump it up to a webpage.

3)Ask for a few volunteers to oversee the thing, act as COs, and aid in registration.

4)Announce the signup 2 weeks prior, and direct guys to their respective CO's for mission assignments/planning.

5)Duke it out  

I know, it's a bit more work than I make it sound   But not really that bad. And once you get the first one off (the hardest one) then these things seem to have a way of running themselves.

I can't commit to a webpage. I'm not ready to CO for one of the countries. I *can* aid in registration.

We need one guy to do a quick and dirty webpage for it.

We need one guy familiar with the warnights to select a scenario and give the info to the webpage guy.

We need two guys to volunteer to lead these two countries, and delegate to wing leaders etc. as they see fit.

Et voila, the creation of a brand new tradition here in Aces High. Er... ok - stop laughing at me, I'm just a little excited about the idea   I *miss* those damn things!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2000, 03:17:00 AM »
Sounds like a great idea!  Always a fan for more 'realistic' depictions of air combat  

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz