Author Topic: The Great P51/Bomber Conspiracy  (Read 259 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The Great P51/Bomber Conspiracy
« on: April 24, 2000, 05:05:00 PM »
The fine folks from JG/2 are blowin the hell outta a7. Hang rides in, gets one or two and lands to replane, minus half a wing and most his ass..

Bomber hanger is down.. no problem right??

Wrong. can't replane in a stang... the damn system thinks I'm a buff. who'da figgered?

In any case.. came back from 8 twice more.. same thing.. no bomber hanger.. no roll a P51.

This a bug?

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

JENG

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Don't know about that one hang... but we did get one fighter hangar down at a point (even the two I think) maybe it's related to that? (one fighter hangar down)

Anyway... a big <S> to ya hang... you realy made our live very very hard, you and some other very dedicated bish realy bugged us down (Three attempts)

Nice flying... seeya up there  

------------------
BEE(JENG)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 "Richthofen"

'Nemo Me Impune Lacessit'

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2000, 06:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
Bomber hanger is down.. no problem right??

Wrong. can't replane in a stang... the damn system thinks I'm a buff. who'da figgered?

In any case.. came back from 8 twice more.. same thing.. no bomber hanger.. no roll a P51.

This a bug?

Hang

Psst, Hangdoobie.  Hairball's the culprit.  Said he wanted to hear yu get accused of 'whining', or something.  

Me?  I think you were just winning too much.  

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"
========================
"There I was, inverted at 50 feet and 120 kts. and the only thing running was the radio."

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2000, 08:35:00 PM »
Itsa friggin conspiracy; I tells yah!!  How in hell can I whine about not bein able ta get vulched?? HiTech and Pyro have some sense of humor; yah know??   Jeeeeeeze..

I swear; the system just won't let me roll a stang if the buff basket is porked. The fighter pens were up when I tried to roll.. I watched 109's and spits roll... but I couldn't get the damn system to accept my sworn affadavit that my P51 was sans eggs and tanks. I had ta go to a diffrent field.

Can yah believe it.. here I am willin ta be vulched to save my footlocker fulla beer and the damn system sez "Sorry; chump, yah get no stang here today". I think that Soup Nazi BPO's out ta get me.

Now, dammit; issit a bug or a conspiracy??

Hang

PS; JG/2.. heluva lotta fun there at 7.. good flyin, gents.  
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
I take it you took up a spit then?    (That would be the day!)  Maybe they bombed the North American factory?

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »
Hehe, Hangtime Good fight ! We sure could have gotten A7 faster if you & your buddies were not around !

I know we took the Fighter angars multiple time down there, did U just rely on eyesight (looking at the hangers from the twr) or did U check the map room for Status ? (Might be some sort of lag bug or something)

PS : I hope I didn't scare Hairball when I augered at 450IAS right in front of you (90 deg angle)  
------------------
Saw/Saintaw
=XO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
GMT T.O.D. SITE

JG2 "Richthofen"
Don't shoot ! I am only an observer......

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-24-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2000, 12:36:00 PM »
Yup. I'm Certain the hangars were up at that point. This has happened multiple times at other fields. During the time in question; Spits were having no trouble re-upping from the field.

Obviously; I'm a spit driver....  

Hang

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2000, 07:22:00 PM »
gotta find some way to keep you outta our business hang... you spoil all our carefully (or as usual not-so-carefully) laid plans to take territory.  

------------------
"Sorry can't talk now, gotta shoot."
            -Bud Anderson
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2000, 12:05:00 AM »
LOL.. well; my beer wuz there. I've since moved it a mite further back behind the lines.  

Tonight; I had no problem rollin the pony from a field with the buff hut dead.

Go Figure. <shrug> See.. it wuz a conspiracy. I pick a nice quiet field to up from, entrench the cooler and suddenly, the beer's under threat; no pony reup; bombs fallin all over the putting green, panzers commin, goons about and fighters roaring around... I wuz inna mindless panic fer about an hour there.

(Hang pops a cold bud) *sigh*

War is Hell.

...at home, or abroad.

eskimo

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
Hangtime, I'm sure that it's not a conspiracy against mustangs, just against you.  

eskimo