Author Topic: Another  (Read 102 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Another
« on: August 05, 2002, 07:33:03 PM »
Another Idea. (there go the beepers:)).

The "rubber bullets" are such a transient problem, that it is very hard to test.  How about a target in the hanger (They did test their guns in WW2 after all). It would give us a packet count fired, and hit.  If we suspect a problem.  We could test the next time we were on the ground.  And relog if something was not right.

I Sort of visualize this target being set up on a remote computer, as if it were a player. We could have more then just our side of the equation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 07:40:11 PM by easymo »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Another
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 01:08:46 AM »
Type .target xxx, where xxx equals desired distance to target.  Then fly north.

F,

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Another
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 02:24:40 AM »
Howdy Furious,

I think you miss his point.  The .target command creates targets that are seen and acted on locally.  He wants a method to fire at a target on another machine so his client can give him a successful packet % figure.  

Basically, he wants an in-game ping, but gussied up to use the machine guns.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Another
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 01:20:20 PM »
Mostly I want it to be specific. On a per shot basis if possible.  I have come to totally distrust the network status thing.   I routinely have flat lines showing, when the games so warpy/laggy that it is unplayable.