Author Topic: POLL: The next big thing in AH  (Read 494 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
POLL: The next big thing in AH
« on: August 06, 2002, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm curious.   If you guys had your 'druthers, what would you like to see implemented as the next big feature?

• Mannable submarines/ depth charges for appropriate aircraft
  • First person shooter for base captures
  • Seaplanes/flying boats
  • Nightfighters

This list excludes the Mission Theater, not because I don't like it, but because I don't consider it a specific game feature.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 12:18:11 PM »
After action reports like we see in events (i.e so and so took of shot player Y w/ help from player b then  rearmed took off crashed etc etc.)

Or From your list "nightfighters" like p-61 (which flew during the day too anyway :) )

Offline aac

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 12:18:22 PM »
Submarines and night fighters

Offline Master

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 12:32:23 PM »
fps

submarines

Offline MoonJuice

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 12:46:07 PM »
1. More GVs
2. Damage modeling for CVs
3. JU-87
4. Fix the AP/HE rounds for tanks
5. Briefing rooms and better mission planner
6. Range Vox Squelch

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 12:49:14 PM »
Updated cockpits (just look at the FW190A8 :rolleyes: )
Damage model revamped (catch just the very tip of a wing on a tree, what happens in real life? Wing tip shears...in AH, you explode.)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2002, 01:02:27 PM »
FPS
Better Strat System for base capture. AI troops that actually fight each other for town captures.

and medics

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2002, 04:47:24 PM »
Sounds like you're getting wish lists, not the actual next big thing.

I think that HT posted a while back that they are actually working on the Sub Mod thing, so I think that'll probably be the next "big change" to AH.

But... This'll sound crazy, but I think the next big thing they should work on is -- UPDATING THE GAME ENGINE.

One of the things that killed AW (aside from being bought by the dolts at EA who can drive any game into the ground by lack of development, support, etc.) was the fact that eventually they had a game engine that was YEARS behind other flight sims through lack of real development/core changes.

AH is still fairly cutting edge, but already we have flight sims out there using newer technology. I'd like to see some core engine development so that we don't end up with tons of new aircraft to fly.... in an obsolete VR environment.

- Seagoon
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2002, 04:59:12 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Updated cockpits (just look at the FW190A8 :rolleyes: )
Damage model revamped (catch just the very tip of a wing on a tree, what happens in real life? Wing tip shears...in AH, you explode.)

JEEZ RIP!
You mean I'm going to have to hit the whole damn tree??:D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2002, 05:01:16 PM »
10 PRINT "More cute female players"
20 Goto 10

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2002, 05:08:18 PM »
1.More player events
2.Better plane textures or colors so that every plane doesnt blend into the ground texture.
3. Dot/icon vis ranges...reduce substantially.
4. Rather than icon stating 3.0k from you, have it state 3000...that way the planes that are closer to you are easier to track, because they would be the 3 digit icon such as SPIT 800, which stands out at a glance as a threat, while 4 digit icons such as p51 3245 allows you to subconsciously put him on a lower threat level. Or make planes1.0k away dark red, and planes further than that lighter red.
5. Make bombsight a little easier to do...not what it was before, but somewhere in between.
6. Lower Headon hit lethality.
7. Provide briefing rooms(actually would like at top of list with this one)Maps that can be drawn on etc and viewed by all.
8.Provide  a sysytem to capture more complex than just shooting all the town and capturing the whole base as well.
9.Provide the TBD Devastator,B29,B24,PBY
10.Find a way to keep a "good"map up longer. One thing I liked about AW was the feeling of ownership to "your" land. The way this thing resets there is little commitment to defending it.

~AoM~

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 05:10:55 PM »
my single most wanted thing would be to have bases that only certain planes could up from to start with, say pre 1940s aircraft..then have supply drops to enable the bases to upgradeto mor modern aircraft.. if a base is captured it the reverts back to pre 1940s..grass runway ect..think this will improve more team work..

i would also only allow town building to be able to be destroyed by aircraft bombs..gvs stay the same..

i would give buffs a spawn point with a perk charge..allow people to feel they dont have to fly for 45 mins only to have to miss the targ( demoralising you know) spawn point at least 1 sector away..

what you think?:D

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 05:13:29 PM »
I would like to see the concept of rescue operations entering the game, but in a way that wouldn't break the current game model.

For example, if you were just furballin like nuts and didn't care about dying (the 'thank you for shooting my chute, it just gets me into another plane faster!' crowd), you could just hit tower or type .ef like usual and do your thing.

If, however, you were trying to maintain a streak, you could keep it going by being brought back to a friendly base.  Streaks would be a neat game element because the highest ranked pilots could be the ones that were really good, not just the ones that can stay online all day and get top scores via attrition.

Another use could be you doing a special type of mission that just spawned you somewhere inside enemy territory as a person and is set up so that if someone landed and brought you to a friendly base it would give something to the team (ala, simulating an intelligence operation or such) like information on higher production numbers or something.

Rescue operations would be completely voluntary, but it would benefit a score/perk-happy pilot who is rescued and would also benefit the rescuer in the form of perks as well.  Heck, it could even be set up so you could split perks with the rescuer for even more encouragement.

Seaplanes would be a nice way to implement this for ocean bails, btw.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2002, 06:36:58 PM »
"Damage model revamped (catch just the very tip of a wing on a tree, what happens in real life? Wing tip shears...in AH, you explode.)"

Try running over a piece of wood (building debries) in a town with a GV...Ka-Boom!
:eek:

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2002, 10:51:03 PM »
what the hell? he didnt ask for explanations

FIRST PERSON SHOOTER