Author Topic: POLL: The next big thing in AH  (Read 493 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
POLL: The next big thing in AH
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2002, 12:03:26 PM »
Pretty interesting responses so far - seems the top three are revamped damage model (which I didn't consider a big "feature"), FPS, and subs.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2002, 12:57:42 PM »
1. Better cockpits - please add (maybe optional) metric gauges!
2. Increased damage model of planes
3. Increased damage model of buildings (let them collapse with a big puff). As it is now it's so unrealistic
4. Nightfighters and...
5. Add bigger targets for carpet bombing (the reality gives the best examples). Why nightfighters when no bombers?
6. Recon! Maybe hide the BIG factories

and

Planes planes planes

Submarines? Hmmm not my fav but it sounds interesting.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2002, 01:21:01 PM »
I conducted an interview with HiTech at the Con, and have the skinny on most of these ideas...article should be finished and up on "The Wargamer" web site in about a week and a half :D.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2002, 04:48:23 PM »
For me the one big thing I would like to see in AH (Yup OK my "Wishlist") is turbulance from other aircraft, Explosions etc. It has always seemed strange to me that HTC puts all the obvious effort into flight models etc and then you can follow another plane only feet away without any course corrections or blow one up only feet in front and just fly through the explosion with no "Jolt" whatsoever. Oh yes and damage from Explosion Debris as well

Others probably more likely "Better Damage model" Stronger Strat system and some kind of FPS of at least defensive troops.

Subs would be nice but would require an Undersea Landscape of some kind as well Not sure if the Terrain engine is up to that yet.

TTFN
snafu

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2002, 06:35:12 PM »
SHIVA..you are allowed to see dots umpteen miles away...but look down at 300 ft and all that stands out is the name of the plane. In real life light is reflected differently. You cant compare what a PC provides to what the human eye sees. Im just asking if somehow the colors could be "brightened" on the plane so it stands out a little better. Dark green on a dark green backdrop,of the same tint with little to no variation makes the plane perfectly camo`ed...too perfect.

~AoM~

Offline Stranger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2002, 09:01:04 PM »
Nightfighters, if there were any bombers to use them against. The He 219 Uhu would be fantastic, six 30mm, two 20mm and 416mph A 23000'. Sounds cool to me.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2002, 04:46:21 AM »
First person shooter!!! would be great to have Day of Defeat in the same game as AH :)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Blunder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2002, 08:04:49 AM »
Nightfighters and a longer night, icons only at small range at night. and much more weather effects, 90% of a day in AH is clear weather...

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2002, 09:55:59 AM »
1) better damage modeling on everything ( cant say enough on this one that already hasnt be said )

2) bigger strat targets (much bigger to where 3 buffs would bearly dent production)

3) more realistic cockpit guages ( metric and language )

4) ju188  and h8k2 "emily" and more gv's

Offline Dukebro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2002, 10:05:27 AM »
Subs???  Gonna have to change the name to "Aces High & Low" !!

Next big thing...besides me actually landing some kills for once:)..   I would say nightfighters.  After that, seaplanes and flying boats.  Adding a rescue platform and mission would be awesome!