Author Topic: The List............  (Read 800 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
The List............
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 06:21:23 AM »
beet1e, the gas pumper in me would say, Bite me, but the person who said F all to his spelling thechers and who is considerate enough to appoligise for his poor spelling begs your paticence, and asks that you look to what I am saying and not how I am spelling it.

Kweassa, Thats why I said what I said above, I do not think it is an intenional Bias, it is just that well their does not seam to be any changes after all this time, and I am growing disgrunteled. Look at the last patch, dishartning. You may very well be right it may not be helping my case but for along time I have been polite and paticent and I have waited, I get more fead back more results and more exposhure by being blunt rude and to the point.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
The List............
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 06:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i dont think it is a whine..  brady is spot on almost..hes just telling it as it is..

Sure it is but it's OK for me cause, yes, he tells the truth in his initial post. I dont like his post cause all the topics are discussed in single threads so why have a summary?

BTW beet1e: some guys have problems with orthography that u might not have, so why bother about brady's spelling?
Did u bother about HiTech's too?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2002, 06:33:17 AM »
Brady - so noted!  You are forgiven. Sorry to sound like a snob, but I come from a time when the three Rs were considered important.

Duedel - I take your point about Hitech. But like Brady, he is brilliant in other ways.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
The List............
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 06:59:26 AM »
Bomber's nead a rethink( or somthing)

The bombers are fine, as are their bombsights and Hitech has apparently talked about making target's a little more dense.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
The List............
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2002, 07:02:59 AM »
beet1e

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
The List............
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2002, 07:08:52 AM »
beet1e, thanks:)

Revvin, yes you are corect i agree that they are ok, I do like what HTC has done with the sight, I howeaver do not like the impact on game play it has had, time and time again I see fighter's ariving at fields without bombs, and when I do see a buff 9 times outa 10 he so low he must be on a sucide run, and more often than not he misses all the hangers and just winds up porking the stores, not a big help at all, bombers are little to no help at base capture now, and the only Perk bomber is usless because of it's high speed and lack of a dive bomb sight.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 07:11:09 AM by brady »

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
The List............
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2002, 07:12:26 AM »
Three words Brady.....SPEED, SALVO, DELAY ;)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
The List............
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 07:24:44 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Brady - so noted!  You are forgiven. Sorry to sound like a snob, but I come from a time when the three Rs were considered important.

Hehehe that's one of the curious things about learning english as a foreign language... we non-english speakers are confident enough to use it, but not confident enough to abuse it :D

Well, at least not yet, let me read the boards for a couple more years and... maybe... :D

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2002, 08:23:31 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
"to many spits, La 7's and Georges"

But all the P-51Ds are fine.:rolleyes:

I just don't understand why the P-51D has a "cloak invisible" effect.

By AKDejaVu's stats the P-51D is the single most common aircraft in AH.  But does it get mentioned?  No, everybody just blames the Spit, N1K2 and La-7.

Not all of those Mustangs are dogfighting.  I use the 51D for ground attack more than for any sort of dogfight patrol.  On the other hand, if you see an LA-7, N1K2, or Spitfire IX, its a pretty safe bet that it isn't going to go bomb an airbase.  Those airplanes are specialized in one role and one role only: dogfighting.  On the other hand, all of the US planes can carry their own share of ground ordinance, and often do.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
The List............
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2002, 08:59:50 AM »
Originally posted by brady
beet1e, the gas pumper in me would say, Bite me, but the person who said F all to his spelling thechers and who is considerate enough to appoligise for his poor spelling begs your paticence, and asks that you look to what I am saying and not how I am spelling it.

One way to keep the spelling police at bay is to type your posts in MS Word, do a spell check, and then cut and paste it in. However, this is not a real solution, merely a bandaid.

My daughter was a terrible speller. Her nickname is Dolly, therefore, I defined her spelling as "Dolbonics". When we met with school officials, they tried to justify their failure to teach by claiming that since everyone was using word processing software, the "spell-check" feature made spelling skills more or less, obsolete. Of course, this was utter nonsense. I asked them "if college and job applications came with 'spell-check'?" They sat there and just blinked their eyes, oblivious to the point.....

Spelling and grammar falls under the umbrella of "first impression", and therefore, has more value than one may suspect.

However, I would not worry about it, some of the brightest people I know can't spell worth one whit either. Spelling is a skill, not an indicator of intelligence, and it's obvious to me that you're a bright fellow.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Re: The List............
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2002, 09:24:55 AM »
Originally posted by brady
Whats porked about AH:

Lag

CTD's

Furballs

Small Maps

Bad armor model

to many spits, La 7's and Georges

The more people who play the worse it all gets

Biased plane set

It's starting to look old

Bomber's nead a rethink( or somthing)

CT still has a fubared rank sys

Special event's have horable lag

Ok....just tell me one thing and please tell the truth.

What is your intent by starting this thread and what do you hope to accomplish? Truthfully please....my first thought was not a nice one, but I'm trying to be more sensitive to how others feel.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
The List............
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2002, 09:29:50 AM »
thank you beetle

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
The List............
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2002, 09:35:50 AM »
Brady, I recommend taking a week (or a month) off.  AH has not degenerated so much as it sounds like your just frustrated and bored.  Yeah the game freezing, CTDs suck.  The connect has been sub par for a year.  I hope it all will get fixed.

P51s?   Very few people in them are really any good.  I have no fear of P51s because their angles are so poor.  LA7s and Spits with the 40G insta-turn capacity are where the action is at.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The List............
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2002, 09:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
my first thought was not a nice one, but I'm trying to be more sensitive to how others feel.

LOL!

You guys may not know this but in addition to "Good Rude" there actually IS an "Evil Rude".

It's just that "Good Rude" is much, much stronger than "Evil Rude" and whenever "Evil Rude" slips the leash he's always recaptured and locked back up before he can bite anyone. Well, almost always. :)

Brady, I think Yeager may have it nailed. He's been there and he knows.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The List............
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2002, 09:55:53 AM »
biased plane set.... the planeset mostly favors planes that actually flew in combat in significant numbers.  What you want are national quotas.  We need some Rumanian planes.