Author Topic: The List............  (Read 798 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
The List............
« on: August 15, 2002, 02:27:43 AM »
Whats porked about AH:

Lag

CTD's

Furballs

Small Maps

Bad armor model

to many spits, La 7's and Georges

The more people who play the worse it all gets

Biased plane set

It's starting to look old

Bomber's nead a rethink( or somthing)

CT still has a fubared rank sys

Special event's have horable lag

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
The List............
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 02:30:17 AM »
"Special event's have horable lag"

Look at the MOTD in th SEA, it's on the same pipe as the main now. Flew the BOB training in there, and it was pretty warp-free.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The List............
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 02:49:57 AM »
"to many spits, La 7's and Georges"

But all the P-51Ds are fine.:rolleyes:

I just don't understand why the P-51D has a "cloak invisible" effect.

By AKDejaVu's stats the P-51D is the single most common aircraft in AH.  But does it get mentioned?  No, everybody just blames the Spit, N1K2 and La-7.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 02:53:05 AM »
Well Karnak you are right, I just find P 51 so freaking boaring to fight I just go low and ignore them, I havent got all day to fight one plane. But ya screw the P 51 's too:)

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
The List............
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 03:06:43 AM »
Biased planeset?

Biased against who exactly?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
The List............
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 03:10:52 AM »
edit: nm, was thinking about another post when I clicked on reply :rolleyes:
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
The List............
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 04:40:57 AM »
ÜBER WHINE ;)

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
The List............
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 04:45:21 AM »
Furballs???

Where?????

9 out of 10 times I see only raids, ergo players avoiding air combat and going for the easy kills.

In the ndisle map I started flying more and more on the center isle to get some descent fights.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
The List............
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 04:50:04 AM »
I dont mind the spits and nikis its those darn I can be anywhere in hyperspace la-7s that I hate. One minuete there, next HERE. I hate their rocketship flight envelope. Is that really how they were? Im amazed really.

:eek:

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 04:52:05 AM »
The plane set is biased in that their are a disporpanate number of planes for certain countries and signastudmuffinently less for other countries. The bias extends even furhter, in terms of capabalities for aircraft types modeled, who are generaly not given the full weight of ordance options which would enable them to compeat with their enemys. I howeaver nead to say this: I know HTC build's planes and does not care whear they came from what country " country of orgin is not an issue to HTC" or so I have been led to beleave from post's I have seen them make. Ya know what it is to me, and I think it is to a number of people, I think that the USA cup runith over in terms of aircraft modeling in AH, I think one new Japanese plane in one year is, well disapointing. No new Italine plane since Beta, appaling, The Russian planes are almost as bad. I know It is easy for me to armchair quarterback this whole thing, and not realy fair for me to do so, but I look at the numbers and I am disapointed.( not to mention countries not represented at all)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 04:54:31 AM »
In all farness I must say I do not mind the Georges so much, they have been so tame since they were castrated, I would leave them alone with my sister.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 04:55:36 AM »
Yes this an UBER WHine, why not go all the way, no mucking about hear.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Dibollockal spelling (2 bollocks?)
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 05:33:10 AM »
I don't normally take people to task on spelling/grammar on these boards, for two reasons: Their first language may not be English, and they may be brilliant at other things. Well Brady is brilliant in a GV, if it's the guy I'm thinking of. But I can't stand the spelling! "It's doing me 'ead in", as one of my brother's school pupils might have said.
Special event's have horable lag
Why, WHY, WHY do so many people think that every pluralised word must have an apostrophe before the last S? And what's this word, "horable"?
The plane set is biased in that their are a disporpanate number of planes for certain countries and signastudmuffinently less for other countries.
Their? Disporpanate? Signastudmuffinently? WTF! Did you mean there, disproportionate, significantly? Tip: If uncertain whether to use "their" or "there", try substituting the word "my". If it sounds reasonable, you probably want "their". We wont talk about they're. :rolleyes:
We'll skip over some of the typos and Americanisations,  but what's this
compeat with their enemys.
Brady!!! It's compete and enemies! Words ending in Y are pluralised by replcing the Y with IES, except words ending in EY, like turkey, monkey, donkey, valley.

Would I trust you to refuel my car? Would I trust you to refuel your own car?! Good job you live in Oregon, where they don't allow you to pump your own gas - the attendant has to do it. :rolleyes: Same in NJ if I remember correctly.

Brady, do more reading! I recommend broadsheet newspapers and the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I repeat, I would not normally take you to task, but this post is so bad that it's almost unintelligible.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
The List............
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 05:44:56 AM »
Brady, I don't think we can exactly call it a 'bias', at least not in the active term.

It is only natural that the majority of people's interest usually lies in Allied planes that saw action in the Western Front(this is a trend that exists, nothing wrong about that), and it is not surprising while most of the Allied planes have wide range of loadouts, the planes that flew in the Eastern Front or for the Axis forces are missing a lot of detail.

The priority is usually set around some planes, and there can be various number of reasons why other planes are not depicted to its full potential - and, lack of data is probably the largest reason there is.

Now, I think it is fair to say the response time that HTC shows for addressing issues brought up for/against Eastern Front/VVS/Axis planes is a bit slower than issues that concern Allied aircraft, but as I said, it is a completely understandable trend. I don't think HTC is biased, and I don't think they are ignoring things on purpose.

I'm one of those people who would be thrilled to see all the proposals you make in Aircraft/GV forums come true, but I don't think this sort of post would help in any way, brady :(

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
The List............
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2002, 06:01:29 AM »
i dont think it is a whine..  brady is spot on almost..hes just telling it as it is..

Im with you all the way Brady on this..LAG is the worst thing we have, and would like this sorted before we get anymore aircraft..
the game has turned into a massive furball since new buff system came in.. and the lag is horrid.. going back to the old maps hasn't helped either.. they just encourage furballing..eg, the island map used to be won in about 1-2 hours now it takes 1-2 days, thats must be down to the buffs..

CDTs well cant comment on them,, i get them about twice a day, but im not  into the tech side of comps so i can't comment.

Furballs..are pretty boring after a few sorties into them, but sometime the game is just one big FB and if you are a fighter pilot have not much choice if you want to fight..most frustrating .

Can't belive the small maps were brought back..pizza map is the best we have.. it has its faults..( bases to close together).

armor you just don't know whats gonna happen when your attacked.. its pure chance i feel..need sorting.

la7 & niks i feel people can fly what they want.. but i would like to see fields that you can only fly specific planes from..eg.. on island map say A9 only had zeros, ki61 and niks. A10 only had f6f  f4u& f4fs.. just an example..

more people the worst it gets ... yes why is that? is it to many people on server?

bias planes.. well HTC has gone for the most famous planes of WWII understandably.. but by bias planes you mean the lack of italian , japanese & russian types then i agree..

Starting to look old.. cant comment as i only play AH on-line..

bombers need rethink... yes

CT scoring.. cant comment never anyone in there to make me want to enter..

special events.. think the lag is unforgivable in the #SEA