Author Topic: You can beat your kids in Florida!  (Read 429 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: You can beat your kids in Florida!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2002, 10:25:56 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
And it's okay to leave welts and bruises!

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/politics/3877872.htm

He was brought in to straighten up our Dept. of Children and Families, after 1 caseworker was brought up on charges after the death of child (firing justified - she lied on her reports), her supervisor was fired (unjustified - he was still working through the stack of case files), several other DCF caseworkers quit due to poor working conditions, and the head of the DCF resigned in the aftermath.  Jeb Bush has dug himself into quite a hole!

One way to clear out the excessive case load is to adopt a looser definition of abuse, and it looks like this guy has adopted that tactic.  Its certainly cheaper than hiring more people and paying better wages.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
You can beat your kids in Florida!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2002, 11:29:45 AM »
the DCF shortcomings are the best the Dumbacrats can do against Jeb in the coming election - politics - pure and simple. Those making noise about the DCF could care less about the kids than who sits in Tallahassee for the next gov term.

thanks for the compliments, she's a great grand daughter - so far :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2002, 11:52:21 AM »
incorrect assessment Sandman.

Deborah Schroth, an attorney with Florida Legal Services, a statewide public interest law firm in Jacksonville, said state law specifically forbids corporal punishment that results in bruises and welts.

Last time I checked, I disagreed with the speed limit being 70, but it was still against the law to go over 70.

It's not ok to leave bruises and welts unless the law gets changed.  I don't think the head of a state department gets to change laws (especially with an essay he co-wrote over 10 years ago), I'm pretty sure the Legislature writes them and the Governor signs them or vetoes them.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2002, 03:07:34 PM »
We could just as easily titled this thread "Slavery Legalized In Florida." All you do is adopt a couple of hundred African American children, put them in the cotton fields and count your money. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if GWB helped his brother Jeb out by providing free government bullwhips to white adoptive plantation owning "parents." It's not the children of Florida who deserve to be beaten- it's the parents.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2002, 03:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
We could just as easily titled this thread "Slavery Legalized In Florida." All you do is adopt a couple of hundred African American children, put them in the cotton fields and count your money. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if GWB helped his brother Jeb out by providing free government bullwhips to white adoptive plantation owning "parents." It's not the children of Florida who deserve to be beaten- it's the parents.

As long as you aren't gay!

No gay parents allowed!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2002, 03:48:40 PM »
Children should be beaten daily even if you haven't caught them doing anything.

More than likely, they did something and got away with it.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2002, 04:54:40 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
henh. a mite late fer that. how 'bout you find us someplace where it's legal to shoot yer women.

..and a link to a good first class half price air fare fer 3.

stupid world we live in man....

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/?ArID=43246