Author Topic: Bishops defeat 'reset corner'  (Read 571 times)

Offline ET

• Copper Member
Bishops defeat 'reset corner'
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2002, 01:54:42 PM »
Hey Knights
I was in on that A22 attack and was amazed at how many of you did not quit coming up to save the base. When the FHs went down once, the VH came up and you swarmed out of it in GVs. Before the GVs got killed a FH came up and you swarmed in fighters. And before last hanger got killed, you swarmed in bombers. Was a great defensive effort against odds.
to those of you who made that effort.

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2002, 03:24:36 PM »
I salute the bish for their valid defense against the numbers attacking on sunday night.
WTG
I fly ROOK, and I have since I started in flying AH, but your defense of you last bases were
an outstanding performance. It is a shame that the odds are not more in balance.
Again I Salute all of you

Regards...........DarkHawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2002, 03:40:34 PM »
Even ants can kill a lion if there is enough of them.  

Nice job Rooks. ;)

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2002, 11:28:11 PM »
I was there and yes the Bishops did fight back nicely....

That and the Rooks gangbanging the hell out of the Knights NW bases.  :)

The Bishops should give the Rooks a big high five for that one.

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2002, 03:47:43 AM »
At one stage on Saturday it was Knights 35, Rooks 25 and Bish 7

Which year was that Pei???? ;)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2002, 08:14:29 AM »
Originally posted by Pei
At one stage on Saturday it was Knights 35, Rooks 25 and Bish 7 (or something much like that). Knights had just rolled Bish back from the centre of our home island to the edge of theirs as well as pushed Rooks back north to gain a lead. I was just beginning to think we had a reset coming when the majority of knights decided it was time to leave bish alone and take the central islands from Rooks. Where are our strat potatos when we need them? :).

btw salute to Bish for the big tiffie raid that took a35 from us earlier that afternoon. I was one of the poor defenders and it was quite impressive. I didn't see any kamikaze attacks in the short time I lasted.

Yeah, I remember looking at that score Saturday night and thinking "hey, I can just play defense up north and let our offense finish off the job down south."  And then the offensive stalled and the Rook offense put a carrier amongst our bases and started hitting the fields from there.  I held out as long as I could, but there was just too darn many of them Rooks.  They were hitting us from 3 different directions and a lot of our guys were simply orbiting the field, which is the worst way to defend a base because the Rooks simply took some P-51Ds and Typhoons into a shallow dive, pegged out to 400 knots and outran the coverage to target.

Then the Bishops got their pilot numbers back and started hitting us and leaving the Rooks alone.  We were swarmed from the north and the south and succumbed.  Oh well.