Author Topic: Does netlag affect your GV gunnery?  (Read 85 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Does netlag affect your GV gunnery?
« on: August 23, 2002, 01:56:04 PM »
I have known netlag to seriously affect gunnery when flying fighter aircraft. (On the dark side, it was a terrible problem)

In all sims, what I have noticed about netlag its greatest effect is felt when firing guns with a slow rate of fire. No wonder I could never get any kills flying Me109E :(

In AH the GVs and field guns have a very slow rate of fire compared with fighters armed with .50 cal. Sometimes, I can zap a passing plane at 1500 yards from the field gun. Sometimes I'm blasting away, and the rounds seem to pass through the target. Well yesterday, I had a PNZR at 174 yards, and I blasted it with the field gun. Nothing happened. I landed at least 25 rounds, and in desperation aimed at different parts of it, until he zapped me. WTF!?

Then tonight, I got a PNZR at more than 1000 yards - all it took was about 6 hits! See attached film clip - (it's not that good, but proves the point).

Does netlag affect your ground gunnery?

Offline Awulf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.imagisite.com/mdiplo
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 01:58:43 PM »
I haven't taken a tank in awhile so will have to go in when the arena is pretty full to test it out.
In the past I never experienced lag in a tank.  It seems I only get lagged while flying.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 02:39:47 PM »
I think netlag may be affected in AC vs GV's... it seems that even good hits on GV's may take awhile to sink in if at all...

SKurj

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 03:08:32 PM »
I've seen micro warps while in a GV. It's most apparent when you're tracking am M16/M3 or M8, fire a shot and the target either lags and you shoot ahead or he micro warps and you put a crater behind him...I haven't seen anything that I was sure was rubber bullets, just an "interesting" GV damage model is all I seem to see :)