Author Topic: A Short Story For Hitech abd All  (Read 423 times)

Hat Trick

A Short Story For Hitech abd All
« on: July 23, 1999, 09:48:00 PM »
Its Hot...the kinda hot that makes showers feel 2 days old as soon as you step out of them.  No Air Conditioning in this Car either.....drove nearly 4 days to get to this god foresaken place...

And have yet to see my first Grape Vine.

Anyway...Texas....Dusty...dir ty...and flat..

I begin to peel myself off of the seat of a beat up 86 SAAB 900...take one last look in the mirror...and straighten the Boa Tie.  Im hoping this is the kinda guy HiTech is looking for.

I wonder if he'll even remember me..there was so many of us after all.

Either way...I step out into the Dry Desert Heat...and the sun sucks the moisture out of my white cotton oxford.  I walk back to the U-Haul Trailer that Ive lugged all the way from Virginia..And Inside..sits all my worldly possesions...everything ive ever earned...received...or stolen.  I undo the tounge latch...and leave it sitting in the parking lot.

I straighten my shoulders and back out...and walk towards the door.

The Dimly lit room...knocks me over with its refreshing Air Conditioning.  I walk in....past some nice lady at the receptionist desk...she ask if she can help me...and I just ignore her...Walking down the hall way to a room with "Da Prez..AKA Da Man..aka Stud Boy" on the Name Plate...I open the door..and find it empty...containing only a simple metal desk and plastic chair.

The Nice receptionist catches me...and ask me firmly this time "Can I Help You Sir"...I smile...and walk on...

The Next Room...energy buzzes from it...as does the stench of Unbathed programmers...eminating from the cracks.  I burst open the door...and Find about a half dozen stinky sweaty un shaven droopy eyed salivating phenoms opunding away with evil giggles upon keyboards....and the sound of a Slightly Missing P51 Merlin Engine over some really ancient bose acoustics.

In the midst....sits HiTech....

He Spins..... and says "POSTER BOY!"....."Shit ...thought you where GunJam"

Who are you.....

And I state...as I fall upon my knees to the man who has single handidly given me the reason to spend over $6,000.00 in 3 years on computers and game time alone.

"Father.....I have come humbily to you..I givith in patronage all my worldly possesions...even the 6' tall Pink Bear Bunny thingy from the 86 State Fair....all to you oh master....Please......may I............could I.......Test.......your...... .Lifes blood."

"Sigh" says Hitech.....and tells me to scury off to the room to the left....filled with oh so many familiar faces.....and some odd ball in the corner.....scratching at the wall...and looking into oblivion....."heh hehe hehehe hehehehe hehehehe hehe hehheh they gonna gun my 109 with me favorite...ill have my engine too.....heh hehe hehehe hehe hehehe hehehe"

-IK- ....... oh the humanity of it all.

Smooches Hi Tech.....and PYRO.....Just say the word.......

But your not gonna get my Bearbunny...but you CAN HAVE MY BUD LITE!

Betabetabetabetabetabetabetab eta

War Birds since Ver .07 until ACES HIGH Ver ALPHA X.X

The Rest Will Be history.

------------------
Hat Trick
-htrk-
War Birds Beta Tester
Aces Hi Wannabe Tester
HiTech Devotee

Large Man

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 1999, 10:24:00 PM »
Now that is just pathetic... how old are most of you?

Large Man

foggia

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 1999, 11:22:00 PM »
Large Man, your posts reveal you to be an ignorant outsider, i.e. you just don't get it and probably never will.

------------------
foggia
XO
457th Bomb Group

Hat Trick

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 1999, 11:24:00 PM »
Forgive me Large Man.....I was just posting in the spirit of what most of us call home.  Its a place called the wingless cafe.  I have been a member of HiTechs Community for over 3 years.  The Community he created.  I also am somewhat unfamiliar with you. I hope that in the future you can learn to enjoy yourself more on this board.  Until then...may your skies stay blue..and your 6 clear.

And that my friend is about as political correct and polite as I get.

------------------
Hat Trick
-htrk-
War Birds Beta Tester
Aces Hi Wannabe Tester
HiTech Devotee

Hat Trick

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 1999, 01:31:00 AM »
Punt just to irritate the Fat Man

Hat Trick

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 1999, 12:31:00 PM »
Man......its awful quiet in here...so...how did you guys come to being in this room of wanna be testers.

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 1999, 12:42:00 PM »
Hehe, anyone wants to see a german request for applying in the beta? My poor english couldn't deliver the right words, sigh  

Hat Trick: Nice story  

Large Man: .ignore

Az

Hat Trick

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 1999, 08:41:00 AM »
This room is so quiet.....all you beta boys..wanting...wishing..

What This Place needs....is a Wingless Cafe!

dsdm/dmds/dmdk/doomdk

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 1999, 03:03:00 PM »
Large man... if you are a flight sim freak like us.... and you have flown WB since beta.... you are more likely to act like us..... yelling "OH MY GOD! HT IS BACK! PYRO IS BACK!! EVERY OLD TIMER IS BACK! ACES HIGH RULES!" and spread the news faster than plague!

I did, on my ICQ list, I just spam spam spam!

Each Aces high feature described per message... I forgot how much I sent out just for the flight model or damage model. Of course, I got complained alot of talking something they don't understand (many in my ICQ aren't flight sim freak).....

------------------
My music:
 www.lancelot2.amp3.net
 www.lancelot.amp3.net
my homepage
 www.glink.net.hk/~lancelot

AH-1G

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 1999, 06:06:00 PM »
HatRack...oops I mean Hattrick  

Great start to a hopefully continuing saga.  LargeMan please try to get into the spirit of things here, otherwise pull the pins, pop the canopy, and squeeze the eject handles.

Offline YANKEE

• Copper Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 1999, 10:30:00 AM »
Great story Hat Trick. Although we do need to edit it a bit....you wouldn't have made it pass the "receptionist" after the first "Can I help you?".   Our attack dogs would have been released from the kennels and the snipers would have commenced firing.  

Yankee

JoAnn Colcleasure
General Manager
HiTech Creations
"The road to success is always under construction."

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 1999, 06:10:00 PM »
Cool story Hat trick  

I am shure in 2-3 years time if Large Man sticks around, maybe even he will tell us a story  

Large Man, please stick around, this is going to be SOO good      

------------------
The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-

[This message has been edited by lasse (edited 07-26-1999).]
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline Flacke

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 1999, 09:55:00 PM »
Yes, dsdm, you hit the nail on the head when you said "spread the news quicker than the plague" . We, as QUALITY flight-sim addicts owe it to pyro and hi-tech to spread the word so that when the product of their intense, massive and time-consuming work-load is available, a HUGE number of pilots log on, enjoy, and help ACES HIGH to become the game we have all dreamed of.

Hat Trick

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 1999, 10:18:00 PM »
Well Joanne, I really wanted to make a humorus remarke to the effect of women in bikkinis with guns...but I figure its not tastefull.

However..., Its nice to know you folks in Texas have started using Dogs.  My last break in attempt I was greeted by an unfed for days Alli and GJ...I think they where on "Time Out" status for some sort of drinking/re-programming binge....PYRO decided not to feed the Posters Boys for a few weeks...But at least we finally all found out who was responsible for the 2 day stint of the "Pink Colored Spit 9".  The LW Boys in the arena loved it...but HT and PYRO didnt find the funny side of it.

Either way...look forward to meeting you and all the staff at Your First Convention.

------------------
Hat Trick
-htrk-
War Birds Beta Tester
Aces Hi Wannabe Tester
HiTech Devotee

[This message has been edited by Hat Trick (edited 07-26-1999).]

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 1999, 12:30:00 AM »
Just a note for public safety:

Don't mess with YANKEE! Dogs or no, if she gives you the look she gave me after I "suggested" the Yankees might be an all-gay team, pray to the 215 re-incarnations of Vishnu, the 512 Saints of Catholicism, the prophets of Judaism, and the Elder Gods of Cthuthlu - 'cause baby, it takes divine intervention.

Be safe!  Wear your helmet.

-sudz-

PS   'NOMAD', ie YANKEE, is pretty cool