Author Topic: Blurb Blurb Blurb ... What's that sound?  (Read 220 times)

Large Man

Blurb Blurb Blurb ... What's that sound?
« on: July 23, 1999, 10:21:00 PM »
I know!  It's another WW2 sim drowning in the sea of other WW2 sims coming out soon!  My, what a great idea!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DILUTED PROFITS!  WOOHOO!

Seriously, though, you better make this thing something special.  Your name only takes you so far, and to tell you the truth, names mean crap anymore to me...  

Large Man

p.s. how long do you leave messages that don't conform on the board?  I guess this is a test...

foggia

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 1999, 11:00:00 PM »
Hmmm.....  messages that don't conform?  Oh!  I get it.  You mean when you publish non-sequitur for us to read!

I'm sure they'll leave it on for while...  we can use the comic relief.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 1999, 11:03:00 PM »
Well FatBoy

You have made 3 posts to this board & not 1 of them has anything positve to say.

Heres a thought,Just leave & dont come back.
This will keep you happy as you have no interest in Aces High,And it will keep the guys who are interested in AC happy by not cluttering up the BBS with your crap.

nough said!

Pyro,ya got a kill filter on this board?

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Wardog ]

Ozymandias_KoK

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 1999, 11:24:00 PM »
How interesting that HTC has acquired their own personal love muffin on the very first day, somebody out there must be pissed.  Maybe it's the long gone ghost of Dillman resurrected in some new and cowardly anonymous form.  He's prolly great fun at parties -- until people get to know him.  Then comes all that free time to cruise the boards and look for things to put down.  Hell, they have trolls in Everquest, at least you could claim to be in character...

Too bad you couldn't find a way to attract attention in some positive manner.  Must be sad to think that the only thing you bring to the conversation is dour grumpiness.

------------------
Please help Oz find his sig, he lost it!

Hat Trick

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 1999, 11:26:00 PM »
Hiya Killa...guess you have found a new life....as a fat man.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 1999, 11:42:00 PM »
lol Hat..

was gona say the same damn thing  

Good news is,he wont last in AH either.His mouth will get him in trouble real fast  

------------------
** Death From Behind **
  Wardog 32nd Panthers
         --wd--  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 1999, 12:45:00 AM »
There are actually quite a few *disgruntled* types running around these days.

Just as well get used to em guys, their here to stay!

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 07-24-1999).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Large Man

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 1999, 01:05:00 AM »
Actually to keep the mystery going, you are all far from right.  You all seem intelligent.  I stress the word "seem."  It amazes me the amount of groupies that flock to the feed trough... hook, line and sinker.

So keep guessing, you will never know the truth.  Such intellect and cunning words I see on this board.  HOORAH FOR YOU ALL!

Not once did I wish any ill tidings, yet you draw from my words these meanings.  And in the process I draw you...

Large Man

p.s. I anxiously await the next groupy post!

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 1999, 01:32:00 AM »
 For someone that posts without leaving true identity in thier bio- except,"interests:shaved gerbils",you surely have better things to do

Tigger

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 1999, 12:05:00 PM »
Depends on what he does with those shaved gerbils.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 1999, 01:06:00 PM »
Shaved gerbils are great for target practice!  
I use 'em to sight in my Remington 700 .243 in at 200 Yds.

------------------
-Rebel 487th Lil' Bastards
"You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be."
--Ernest Hemingway
"You rebel scum"

val

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 1999, 02:00:00 PM »
"Seriously, though, you better make this thing something special. Your name only takes you so far, and to tell you the truth, names mean crap anymore to me... "

OK. This sounds negative, but it is a valid point. There is nothing wrong with a little skepticism. Right now most of us are riding the wave of "new WWII sim" euphoria. It is the same wave most of us rode for CK, SDOE, EAW, Jane's WWII Fighters, Falcon4 etc. Initial releases more often than not disappoint.

Let's not burn anybody at the stake until we see what HTC puts together. We are the hardest lot of players to please in computer gaming, and I doubt that you will ever see all of us agree on anything.

The sheer number of posts generated here in 24 hours is staggering. It is proof that HT & Co have a ton of respect and admiration from our community. We all want them to succeed and give us what we want.

LARGE MAN for what it's worth I may not agree with everything you said, but I think your opinions have a place here.

val

------------------
Scott (val) Valline
Dweebs of Death

Ozymandias_KoK

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 1999, 09:08:00 PM »
ozdisagrees there tho.  What he are looking at is a product from a group of folks that we know do high-quality work.  Look at the other sims you mentioned: CK (oz will snicker and leave it at that  ) and blah who cares really?  They were all sims designed for the mass market -- sure they all sounded like they'd do great in some area or another, but really they all disappointed, in many cases to rush a "finished" product out the door.  An online sim like this is a different market.  Do you still play any of those sims?  What's the average lifespan of a boxed game?  Very different markets and business strategies...

And also have to disagree with Val's statement that Large Man's opinions have a place here: he's not attempting to say, "well, let's wait and see, don't get to overexcited yet".  He's merely trashing something -- particularly something he's never even seen.  Not much value in that is there? And as to people "seeming intelligent" well that's not quite so important as maybe not acting like a child? Spade = spade.

------------------
Please help Oz find his sig, he lost it!