Author Topic: awesome idea, combined from others  (Read 423 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
awesome idea, combined from others
« on: April 23, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »
Okay.

Look, as it is now, with the war we have, in effect we have early and late stages of the war,.

After the reset, make the forward bases at that point be designated "early war" fields. When captures, they allow early war planes to fly from them for free (like now). If you want to buy a perk plane, or a 1944 plane (dora for example) and up it from this field, itll cost yo perk points.

As you get to the middle ground (say a country loses the early stages of the war) they are now pushed back to their medium fields.. these are the ones with the 1944 airplanes. All current non perks could be upped from here for no points. Basically this would be typical MA fare.

Then you get the rear guard" Mabye 2 fields, near HQ and city. That would be the "secret weapons"" bases. This would simulate the way the US--german conflict went at the end! The Agressor would only have medium planes at his disposal on the front lines (in non perked form) since they are the "victors" .. it wwasnt thought necessary to introduce the new combat types. But the current losing team has been rpessed back to their rear "secret weapons" bases so they can up perkies (like ta152, for example)to combat the hordes of "medium" planes.

It isnt a rolling plane set. All planes are available all the time. So that crowd is happy. And a nice early war furball will likely exist on the front. So those guys are happy. Sure there will be dweebs who take their ta152 and ferry it along the way in order to get to the early war front line, but those guys are losers anyway and we can dweeb hunt them.

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »
I like it.  

anRky

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2001, 07:19:00 PM »
If this was a really BIG arena, where the "front fields", Mid fields and rear fields were a long flight apart it might be interesting.

I think if you could ferry a '44 plane to the "early war furball" in 5-10 minutes that's what folks would do.

I'd like to see the fields so far apart that a fighter coming from a rear field would arrive with maybe 5-10 minutes gas LEFT.  He could have a fight or two but then have to land and refuel.  

I doubt this would be a real popular scenario though.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2001, 07:24:00 PM »
So how do the Mid war planes meet the mid war planes without encountering early war planes?

Are these bases so far apart that you can't effectively fly a mid-war plane to the early-war area?

What happens when an early war base is captured?

Lotsa questions zigrat.  Most revolve around accomplishing this feat without creating an arena inside of an arena.

AKDejaVu

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2001, 07:24:00 PM »
 hmmmm i see good points  ..and bad ....will think on it

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
mid war will fight mid war by use of low cost perks

such is the cost of being on the winning side

( a mid war plane might cost 10 points to up from an early war field)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2001, 03:48:00 AM »
Nice ideas Zig.. and good combination of earlier ideas too.

Is this the way you thought the map could be laid out? (Field positions would need to be adjusted for a better balance!!!)

I like your idea more than my earlier proposition of circular areas (see below) because I am leaning more towards a WW2 sim than just a sim with WW2 planes in it. But for those who need to have their late war furballs, it might work better with the circular areas.

I would love to see this area division as absolute... e.g. only early war planes are available for early war area. But it would not be too bad either if mid and late war planes could be upped from those fields with proper perk costs!! (nice softer approach)

So.... What arguments against this are left???

-I want to fly any plane from any field.
-?

If that is all, I think such an argument should be overlooked. These any-plane-guys would still have fields to fly from without paying perks... and many guys alike them on the other side to fight against too, I bet.

The best thing with these ideas is that they are easy to put to practice!!! Just edit the availabel plane sets on each fields. Of cource the map needs adjusting, but that need is there already... SE corner get hit time after time. About making different perk costs to different fields I dont know about... would that be difficult?

Do the HTC guys find these ideas from this board or should we draw their attantion some way and get replies form them???

[This message has been edited by BlauK (edited 04-24-2001).]

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2001, 04:15:00 AM »
I like the idea. Would only suggest that captured airfields would be allowed only early war planes. Kinda make resets more difficult, and avoiding the vulched-to-one-only-field-left country syndrome.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2001, 07:32:00 AM »
Pepe,

Changing captured fields as early war fields might make the reset almost impossible and thus only oncourage gangbangin as a necessity. Also if the war went back and forth, most of the fields would become early war fields  

I would leave the fields as they were before the capture. The home islands would be easier to defend anyways since attacking from mid war area may be more difficult than from the sides.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2001, 07:51:00 AM »
Somehow I smell a group of anti-Chogers and anti-nikkiers  

Gettin their brains all tied up in knots, heheeeee  

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Nice ideas zig....

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2001, 11:17:00 PM »
Gentlemen putting up boundaries in a single arena or on a single map is difficult. How to separate the aircraft, etc being the problem.  As the AH community grows, and it is growing fast (according to all the new names on the text buffer I see), separate arenas are going to be needed.  trying to make one map a multi arena is going to be a nightmare, in scoring etc.  wait until the AH community grows to the point that new arenas will be added.  "If you build it they will come"  be patient, methinks we might be getting spoiled <G>
- The Flying Circus -

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
Zigrat: yours is one of the better ideas that has germinated so far.  It has some basis in history and fact plus if I understand you, it aims at increasing fairness.  I never really liked the idea of having to battle hot fighters where ever one goes.  It turns the MA into survival of the most powerful.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »
Hajo,

It is not about putting up boundaries. The idea is to restrict what planes are available at certain air bases. There is no real need to separate the planes from others. This would just change the most commonly used planes for different areas. Thus we would not have to face chogs and nikis everywhere and all the time.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2001, 02:07:00 AM »
I think this idea has some merit, but probably needs some refining. (We would need maps specially designed for this.)

Here's one I thought of that might be a good idea as well:  Make the cost of perk equipment lower as a country loses bases.  This would give people an incentive to fly for a country that's near death.

As an incentive to decrease gangbanging, adjust the number of perk points given for a kill based on the number of people in your country and the number of people in the country for the vehicle you just killed.  

For example:  Lets say the knights have 40 people online.  The bishops have 60.  The rooks have 80.  If a bishop in a 109 kills a knight f4u he gets 2 points.  If he were to have just killed a rook f4u he would have gotten 3 points.  In addition lets say a knight 109 kills a bish f4u and earns 3 points.  He would have earned 4 points had it been a rook f4u, since they have greater numbers.

I feel that combining these two factors you can discourage gangbanging the lower number countries AND give an incentive to fly for the low number country since they earn more points and if they are doing really badly the cost of perk aircraft would be lower.

------------------
bloom25
-MAW-
(Formerly of the)
THUNDERBIRDS