Author Topic: Personal attackers, might want to read this  (Read 233 times)

Sturm

Personal attackers, might want to read this
« on: April 23, 2001, 07:24:00 PM »
Just read this link and then post a response.  http://www.buyzit.com/fc/

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2001, 07:32:00 PM »
Read what?
-SW

Sturm

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2001, 07:39:00 PM »
Make it simpler for ya SW.  CLICK THIS LINK TO THE RIGHT OF THE LAST WORD IN THIS SENTENCE. http://www.buyzit.com/fc/new_page_7.htm

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
 Man I remember flying with/against him, can't believe he is gone  

------------------

[This message has been edited by brady (edited 04-23-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2001, 08:05:00 PM »
Oh I get it.. I'm supposed to navigate the board and look for what you are trying to point out to me..

I still can't "post a response" unless you mean the guestbook.. in which case SEND ME TO THE PROPER AREA!

And if you think we're narrow minded or have a lack of respect for people you haven't been around long enough.
-SW

Sturm

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
SW of all people you need to read this.  And I can't give any simpler directions then I did above.  The link doesn't take you to the guestbook either.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
No it doesn't, it takes me to the entry page, as I stated above where I can read a single paragraph then "enter the site".

I read that paragraph, since I didn't know the guy it holds no interest to me. If you are going to tell me "but look at how the community supported him", well I've lost people in real life and in the sim world... so I've seen support.

What's the whole point of me reading that Sturm? Because I don't like you? I'm no different in real life, if I don't like you.. I never will.

You are probably the ONLY person I don't get along with. RAM is opinionated and really treads on people's nerves, but atleast he has his good qualities... and he's been around for a LOT longer time than you have.
-SW

Sturm

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2001, 10:17:00 PM »
 http://www.buyzit.com/fc/new_page_7.htm

ok second time posting this link can't get much easier then this.  And it is not about death, but the reason of his flying habits, and sometimes taunts.  He was a friend as well, but we started off on the wrong foot and hated each other for quite sometime.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2001, 10:22:00 PM »
I have read the page Sturm has linked and I think that he is trying to give this community a message thru it. Yep he could be a bit less enigmatic about it, but...

This community, with all the good things and the bad things it has, is a very very cruel one. Some people say it is downright rude and I must agree to a big extent. We can see it any day, normal posts answered with personal insults, people calling others things because really stupid things, etc.

Many people here is very passionate about AH (of course that includes me). Some other people,being non-english speaker, has language problems to communicate what they think, yet they try to do it. And many many people, while liking AH as a whole, also thinks it could be way better and says it so.

In any of those cases, this forums show an incredible level of hostility to ANYTHING that --may-- seem like a critic towards AH. And if the critic is about one of the "taboo" things of the game, the going can get REALLY rough. Some posts are despective, some are downright insulting. And some others are directed to hurt.

I think that what Sturm is trying to say is that we --RARELY-- know who's on the other side. His life, his problems and his handicaps. While I was reading that page,the message from the guy's friend, I thought about one of the most said phrases in this community:"GET A LIFE!!!". And I thought how that guy would've felt in a community wich can get as hostile as this can get...

I think you can get the idea now.

[This message has been edited by R4M (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2001, 12:14:00 AM »
Too true...  

Oct
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"