Author Topic: I wonder what else has been said about me :)  (Read 624 times)

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2002, 12:00:34 PM »
Curval: you must have cared otherwise why did you post about it? Lose a nights sleep? Upset today at work? Beat your dog? You want some attention...call your local fbi office tell them you are going to blow-up a bridge in your virtual aircraft this afternoon.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2002, 12:00:36 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty
I heard someone say you were runnin' moonshine.

LOL...See Catching Spies....stuff like this is what my post was after.;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2002, 12:04:17 PM »
Originally posted by Catching Spies
Curval: you must have cared otherwise why did you post about it? Lose a nights sleep? Upset today at work? Beat your dog? You want some attention...call your local fbi office tell them you are going to blow-up a bridge in your virtual aircraft this afternoon.

I'll go with "wanting some attention"...what is your excuse?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2002, 12:09:25 PM »

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2002, 12:10:20 PM »
using your gear to bleed speed on anyting but a hog is very gamey. make that very very gamey.  You also got a button mapped to your eng instant on off switch to turn tighter ?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2002, 12:15:51 PM »
Catching Spies, you CANNOT be an adult.  I never called you rude.  I merely pointed out an unnecessary grammatical sentence.
Don't put words out there that I NEVER said.  I'm not rude, when a plane is hurling towards the ground and 20ft. from ground-impact someone swoops in and takes it from you.  They ARE an amazinhunk.

I getting the picture of Bill Paxton in True Lies.  

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2002, 12:18:23 PM »
Masherbrum: I'm at a loss...please re-read my post.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2002, 12:19:26 PM »
Couple observations:
A) Wonder if real WW2 pilots ever said "Did you see that? He forced me to overshoot by dropping his gear!  How GAMEY!"

B)Who the hell is Catching Spies and why doesn't he post his online handle?  No testicles?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2002, 12:20:09 PM »
You're tweaked, enjoy your rubber room.  

Curval: leave it be, he is TRYING to be funny, but somehow he isn't.

K2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2002, 12:24:25 PM »
Flail away gentlemen.:)

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2002, 12:27:30 PM »
>>I still roll my eyes when I get a guy smoking, missing a wing, on fire and headed to Earth....and see 3 of our guys diving in on him, trying to do some more damage to get credit for the kill. <<

Feeding time at the zoo.
There are a lot of players who play the game differently. There are kill stealers and there are those who have legitimate claim to a kill, who never get it because they were using mgs instead of cannon. I have noticed that the cannon armed guys will swoop in on a cripple just to get the kill without working for it; bottom feeders IMO.

I take offense to those who will fly in front of you to steal yer kill and claim innocence. The dive down from their perch after you have done the work of manuever to make the steal, knowing if they get in front of you, you will die to killshooter.
I have seen a lot of BS written here in defense of this but, IMO a steal is a steal, and the dweeb who does it should get lambasted. How else will he know it offends others if you don't say anything? In Curvals case, that guy was just deluded to think he could steal a kill and claim it as his own.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2002, 12:59:27 PM »
I say unflattering things about you constantly..I walk around my workplace muttering about you.

would you like an essay or a summary?

maybe a powerpoint presentation?

Originally posted by Curval

I haven't had vox for months due to a firewall issue and had borrowed a friend's connection to play last night.  I heard the squeaking but didn't respond.

Makes me wonder what else has been said about me.:D
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FulzGold

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2002, 01:01:22 PM »
Nyuck-Nyuck  so silly.:D

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2002, 01:04:08 PM »
bah you get so many kills losing the odd one doesnt really matter :D

seriously though forget 'em !! if they have to steal kill to win anything they must be toejame flyers! Feel sorry for them! They must be having a crap time, think about it, we enjoy it because we get better and better, these guys just keep doing the same old crap finishing off already dieing planes! BORING! :)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2002, 01:04:47 PM »
Ripsnort,

It is gamey because in most WWII fighters it would be awkward, if not impossible, to drop gear during a dogfight.  For example, an F4F required over 20 cranks to drop the gear, and again to retract them.  In planes with powered landing gear mechanisms, a smart pilot would not want to drop the gear for fear that the mechanism would fail while the gear was down, leaving him a helpless target.  Plus the fact that most gear could not be safely lowered below 175mph.  If you are already below 175mph, it doesn't take much to bleed off your remaining energy, just pull 4 g's.

I have never read of a WWII fight were a pilot used his gear to bleed speed, though I imagine it must have happened.

ra