Author Topic: I wonder what else has been said about me :)  (Read 626 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I wonder what else has been said about me :)
« on: August 28, 2002, 09:59:25 AM »
Last night I was engaged with a P51..I was flying a 190A5.

We ended up on the deck after a while in a turn fight...stall warning sounding continuously..flaps up, flaps down...turn, turn turn, drop gear, raise gear, WEP on, WEP off.....etc.

A friendly Spitfire shows up and forces the P51 to break off..and the chase is on.

Spitty and I catch the P51 at roughly the same time, although the Spit definately forced the P51 to turn, which allowed me to catch up.  

I'm not sure if I hit the P51 with a deflection shot, or whether he crashed...either way I was awarded the kill.

The Spitfire pilot squeaked that I stole his kill and called me a few unflattering names on the range channel.

I haven't had vox for months due to a firewall issue and had borrowed a friend's connection to play last night.  I heard the squeaking but didn't respond.

Makes me wonder what else has been said about me.:D
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 10:09:54 AM »
The inability to squelch the voice comms is very annoying.  Not that people are yelling at me but the needless dribble of commentary and crap going on at various times.

As to your situation, Curval, I still roll my eyes when I get a guy smoking, missing a wing, on fire and headed to Earth....and see 3 of our guys diving in on him, trying to do some more damage to get credit for the kill.  :rolleyes:

I'm dialup, no firewall or router here.  Is there an option somewhere to turn AHVoice off completely?  There are times when its handly...but when the chatter is absurd whinning, or not even game related, its got to go.

Just my 2 cents

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 10:10:13 AM »
Always ignore spit dweebs.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of dropping gear during a fight?  It sounds gamey, and what can it do for you?

ra

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 10:13:31 AM »
it isn't gamey
it increases drag, slows down the AC... can really help when trying to saddle up or keep speed in check during descent

also helps with landing   :eek:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 10:15:25 AM »
Originally posted by ra
Always ignore spit dweebs.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of dropping gear during a fight?  It sounds gamey, and what can it do for you?

ra

To slow me down and force the overshoot.  Gamey?  You calling me Gamey....let's step outside and discuss that.;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 10:20:09 AM »
Personally I would not have brother to even make your post "unless your a shallow person" I'm not trying to be rude . AH is just a game nothing more...I think its funny when someone steals a kill from me...but then again I don't play for score or ranking I play for enjoyment.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 10:23:23 AM »
He spoiled your nice 1 vs 1 fight, should have laid into him on private channel :)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 10:48:18 AM »
amazinhunks who steal kills, are just that........amazinhunkS.  Game or no game.

Karaya2

Catching spies, if you WEREN'T trying to be rude why didn't you leave out the first sentence? :confused:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 11:22:48 AM »
creamo?  what no response?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2002, 11:27:39 AM »
Kill stealing is the lamest of all whines.

Enemy ded
Nuff said

I think you should identify the whiner, fly about 1k away from him all night in a P-47, and then dive in and light up any plane he shoots.

Now thats fun!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 11:50:21 AM »
Read his post again Masher.

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 11:50:41 AM »
Masherbrum: creating apoint of reference for people just like you...I am not trying to be rude to you but you have to admit it is less than adult to complain about attributes in a game, again I am not trying to be rude to you

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 11:55:45 AM »
Originally posted by Catching Spies
Personally I would not have brother to even make your post "unless your a shallow person" I'm not trying to be rude . AH is just a game nothing more...I think its funny when someone steals a kill from me...but then again I don't play for score or ranking I play for enjoyment.

LOL...so your NOT trying to be rude by calling me shallow...hmm..I see.

Frankly I could say the same about someone who responds to my shallow post with an even more shallow response.:p

The whole point of this thread was me wondering what else was being said about ME when I don't have vox.  It would only make me laugh...(note the smiley face in my original post)

Take a look at my score/ranking man...if you think I care about that then you are nuts.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2002, 11:57:10 AM »
I heard someone say you were runnin' moonshine.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2002, 12:00:07 PM »
Honestly, until the thing goes boom, the kill ain't yours.

What IS annoying is when you blow someone's wing off and immediately see the vultures head for the body as it falls to earth, but even then, there isn't a lot you can do about it.