Author Topic: Airwarrior.....  (Read 10478 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Airwarrior.....
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:35 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)   Im having trouble inserting images. I have a scan of patches that they used to pass out. Thought Id share

I know that Brooke's website has a webpage specifically for Scenario patches but only think he's showing just the AH Scenario patches....i don't remember seeing any AW scenario patches on there... I had 2 or 3 of AW scenario patches many years ago but haven't a clue what storage bin they are in....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »
I didn't have to pay a dime for AW3 during Gamestorm... cause I was a volunteer techie with Vette..

I can't even remember my handle, but seems like I was with a squad called the -==99th==- We got together one year and went to the Lone Star flight museum down in Galveston. Guess that would have been around 1998 or 1999.. memory is a little fuzzy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:46:02 PM by germ »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 02:08:36 PM »
I didn't have to pay a dime for AW3 during Gamestorm... cause I was a volunteer techie with Vette..

I can't even remember my handle, but seems like I was with a squad called the -==99th==- We got together one year and went to the Lone Star flight museum down in Galveston. Guess that would have been around 1998 or 1999.. memory is a little fuzzy.

Been there many times. Have not been since it was moved to Elington Field. They have a really nice facility there now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

Otto was also a Tech support Rep and the 99th Shepherds, iirc, was that squadron... My memory is shot out, LOL

Right before I left AW for AH, I remember Flossy and 1 other player/GA being my 2 "check-off officers" giving new up and coming GAs and Trainers their final test to see if they made it or got cut.... If I'm remembering correctly
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:56 PM »
Hey Brooke,

Is your scenario list complete?  I was looking for one that I flew with squaddies at the time, I think the Screaming Meanies in early Aces High

I don't have Aces High ones in there prior to 2004.  I wasn't much active in Aces High prior to then and don't have any data on those ones.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 06:24:58 PM »
I remember back in really 98 we organized several squad to take 4 bases at same time. we managed to get 1 and expected to get the other 3 when the game reset. fu mage was yelled by like 60 guys.  mage couldn't mute us fast enough.

that was funny as hell.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »
Otto was also a Tech support Rep and the 99th Shepherds, iirc, was that squadron... My memory is shot out, LOL

Right before I left AW for AH, I remember Flossy and 1 other player/GA being my 2 "check-off officers" giving new up and coming GAs and Trainers their final test to see if they made it or got cut.... If I'm remembering correctly

Hmm, not sure that was me, but could just be my memory failing LOL.  Spiff maybe, as he trained me?  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »
Ahh the EAGuru days.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »
Anybody remember Fighter Duel and that arch?   Early 1990s.   You had to build a TCP/IP environment over dialup to accomplish your duel appointment.   Then you would log the results in the Fighter Duel Ladder on the BBS.   Ah, Fighter Duel, the "Flying Instrument Panel!"
The Hay Street Boys

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 07:39:06 AM »
Still have my "Fighter Duel" CD, LOL

Yeah, EAGuru and the EA online campus, with those damn EA demanding that the complete Staff regardless if Paid or volunteer, had to keep taking exams/test and be logged in while on duty   being a MOD, GA or Trainer...

Yes Helen, you and G-man were my "Final check-off/ride officers" for up and coming GAs... I had KGann, myself at times and 1 or 2 other Trainers doing the same for new trainers...during that time well even before EA came, we actually Trained the Trainers, so all were on the same page / knowledge and training new players in the same manner/way/training session...

My last AW staff database shows over 1200+ of all currently active and retired/formal staff members (along with your real names, AW cpids and alternates and your addresses, phone numbers, what Bwanas you had and if you were paid staff, volunteer staff, the dates you started and/or retired, etc etc) Snowman (SM) along with Glint and Spiff were near the top and Spiff was CO of the GAs.... I accepted the Mentor CO position of having final decision over whether a GA or Trainer made it through....

But enough of that....

I always found it funny how SM would go out and make new squads/help start new squads and ask others to merge with them, then most of us ended up being Damned....miss those blitzkrieg runs we did....

That's what I love about FSO and scenarios....

Cheers

TC

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 08:01:55 AM »
Yes !
After a was a trainer saved me tonnes of heavy wife-flak from the cost, and ended up with light flak for not watching her TV-series with her :)

I think i peaked at 400$ for WB....

Making a trainer sure was a relief :)
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »
Oh my, the early days in AW on AOL with the beep beep as the modem connected.

Having Bell Atlantic installing a second phone line so our squad could use three way calling for voice comms.

Then EA stepped in, enough said… When they shut it down I vowed to never buy a game from them ever, which still holds true to this day.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
weeeeeee oooooooooo SKREEEEEEEEEE waaaaaa badoing badoing rrrrrrrrrrr
connect

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
ROFL....

We'll, it was just a  bit better than when some of us were taking (2) 300 baud rate modems and hooking them together (nickname for that was blackcat / blackcatting) to get a 900 baud rate connection..... Then the 1200 baud modem showed up

TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »
weeeeeee oooooooooo SKREEEEEEEEEE waaaaaa badoing badoing rrrrrrrrrrr
connect

You've got mail
80th FS "Headhunters"