Author Topic: Airwarrior.....  (Read 10116 times)

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Airwarrior.....
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2023, 08:25:50 PM »
I usually fly with a mouse.... /cough

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2023, 08:28:46 PM »
I signed up after the commercial on the history Channel I think it's what put this game on the radar for me  :salute :cheers: to all you OGs
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2023, 08:46:50 PM »
I saw an add that said: "Stop playing with yourself"

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2023, 09:52:40 PM »
I signed up after the commercial on the history Channel I think it's what put this game on the radar for me  :salute :cheers: to all you OGs

Yup that’s pretty much my story!

I saw an add that said: "Stop playing with yourself"
I remember this what is it????
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2023, 06:36:01 PM »
I think I saw it in a magazine, maybe a gaming magazine? People used read stuff back in the day, not watch 30 second videos. No wonder the youngsters have a shorter attention span then a goldfish. I wonder how many people under 40 have read a book of a few hundred pages and finished it...

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2023, 04:34:41 AM »
I think I saw it in a magazine, maybe a gaming magazine? People used read stuff back in the day, not watch 30 second videos. No wonder the youngsters have a shorter attention span then a goldfish. I wonder how many people under 40 have read a book of a few hundred pages and finished it...

Ah so true. My son is 13 and longest read for him was "Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy", over 800 pages. Trilogy of "Lord of The Rings" and many others. He loves books and that came by example of his parents. No smartphone, he don't even want one.

People have even been taking pics of him and posting them in social media, wondering how that age of young boy sits in a park and reads book instead of fiddling some zombie application.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2023, 07:47:14 AM »
Here is another blast from the past:

https://www.paperbackswap.com/WarBirds-Story-Far/book/0958519498/

Still have this book sitting on my shelf.  This was just before AH.  Even have a Warbirds sweat shirt awarded to me when I had won a dogfight with HiTech.  He used to hold contests online and award winners with real merch.  Also have several "campaign" pins.  I remember flying halfway across the country to attend a Warbirds convention...different world.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2023, 09:39:30 AM »
546 pages. That is a book.  What was the book about? Gameplay? dev stuff?

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2023, 11:45:02 AM »
546 pages. That is a book.  What was the book about? Gameplay? dev stuff?

All the above, plus a synopsis of the largest squadrons at the time, WWII pilot stories, a break down of each aircraft, tactics/tips, history of the game from AirWarrior to Warbirds in 1999 (including the resignation of HiTech and staff from IMagic to form HiTech Creations), the Warbirds community in various countries, Warbirds events, etc.

Great bit of history filling in the AirWarrior to Aces High progress and how much Dale has contributed to the genre.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2023, 02:07:15 PM »
Plaed AW when we had to pay per hour. Then it was Free to playon AOL. Still got 100s of films of flying somewhere on a USB. Played as Yipi then on the B side. Their was a glith where I flew without a cockpit for a few years but I could see better so flew like that lol. In AW 3 the graphics got pretty good and I thought there noway it can look better than that then
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 02:13:14 PM by yipi »