Author Topic: What do people do for a living?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Hiker

• Zinc Member
What do people do for a living?
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2002, 06:51:13 AM »
Intern at Kiruna Hospital (The most northen of cities in Sweden.), one year to go and then...donīt know.

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2002, 09:27:52 AM »
Originally posted by batdog
Telecom Tech. Work on PBX's, MW, Fiber,800MHZ radio system,LAN/WAN, blablablabla.... the more stuff I get my hands on the more I enjoy it.

I also enjoy drinking J.D and Beer. I hate long walks on the beach.

xBAT

I REALLY don't want to know what you get your hands on bro!

Let's see....my title is, Assistant Division Chief for the Disaster Recovery Division of the Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness...state job under the military department here. In actuality, I do accounting work.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2002, 10:56:48 AM »
Sydney Airport Operations Officer

(thats my Triton 4WD on the right)

Tronsky
« Last Edit: September 05, 2002, 03:31:15 AM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2002, 11:33:33 AM »
A& P Mechanic. Got layed off from Boeing last April where I was on the 777 production line. Part of group that installed the vertial fin. But got moved to cleaning and installing floor borards when I was layed off. Now I moved from Everett, WA to Ft Worth,TX where I install wire bundles on the F-16's. Very cool to see F-16 in differant stages of build.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2002, 11:38:28 AM »
Race Car Engineer.

I do everything from building chassis, headers, tin work,backhalfs, roll cages,turbo/exhaust work,weird projects, ect... to  machining parts.

And I tinker with anything else I can get my paws on . :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2002, 11:45:22 AM »
today I'm a baby-sitter/hand-holder

our CEO is having trouble with his email... makes me think of that commercial:   Hey Fred.. I fixed my laptop but it still doesn't work!

user-error

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2002, 11:48:53 AM »
IS this the same guy who walks in without an appointment and demands to see the company phone bill because his company is cheaper...Looks just like an AT&T salesrep??!!

Originally posted by Beegerite
I'm the guy who calls your office and tries to get you to tell him your name and the copier brand.  Next thing you know you've got some cheapo unordered supplies arriving.  I'm also authorized to use a string of profanity should you catch on to my scam.  Guess that's the reward for selling my soul.

Seriously;

Branch Manager of a world wide logistics company.  Been pushing cargo around the entire world for over 30 years.   Don't know where Tinbuktu is?  Ask me.

Beeg

P.S. I have vacation, I find myself reading through this entire thread.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2002, 12:27:15 PM »
Headhunter

Was president of one of the the larger search firms in Phoenix for 10+ years. Really ran our telephony staffing for 98-2001. Was fun while it lasted, now focusing on Civil Engineering related assignments in Western US.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2002, 09:16:07 AM »
petroleum equipment tech, currently out on temp disabilty and bored stiff

Offline ThePope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2002, 12:55:26 PM »
Account Executive for an information storage architect, Datalink.  If you need your data fast and your need to recover it. We are the ones to talk to. StorageTek, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, Veritas, Brocade, McData, etc.

My other "job/hobby" is restoring MG's. I have two 1980 MGB Limited Edition Roadsters, a 1970 MGB GT, and a 1968 MGB Roadster.

Both are fun, but the first pays much, much better.

:)

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2002, 01:26:45 PM »
Senior Radiologist.

Find myself more and more absorbed by the job as the years go by.One day ..  :=)

danish

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2002, 04:09:25 PM »
I'm the guy who calls your office and tries to get you to tell him your name and the copier brand. Next thing you know you've got some cheapo unordered supplies arriving. I'm also authorized to use a string of profanity should you catch on to my scam. Guess that's the reward for selling my soul.

HA caught ya... I work for Xerox and we are ALWAYS trying to find you bastages :D

your location, personal info, game id, and any other relevant information is on it's way to satan inc. (xerox) headquarters! :D:D
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline CBLaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2002, 01:46:02 AM »
Rapper.  Crackpotato.  i want to be the Pope.

Offline Hussein

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2002, 02:19:54 AM »
I'm the undisputed ruler of Iraq.

My daily routine includes trashing any of the laws that would liberate people, then set out death sentences to the morons that invented the initiatives. Then I go out on the balcony and smile and wave to all those 10 000 people held there by gunpoint and listen how they cheer for the tv..

After that I go for my cup of locally brew espresso, vacuum clean and then go to sleep next to my leg-wife of choice.

Then when it's time to wake up from my nap, I take my sidearm and shoot the bastard who dared to wake me up (as ordered) and continue signing some more death sentences.

That's basically it, after that I switch to leisure in my 100ft deep underground bunker.

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2002, 12:33:22 PM »
RCAF pilot.  I fly a Spitfire in the war against the Nazis. Between sorties, I attend help groups for people with a diminished sence of reality.

Seriously though, I'm studying Computer Science learning how to be a professional nerd.